PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] inet_wait_for_connect while trying to update from 9.04 to 9.10

LinuxGold
November 16th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Tried to search for "inet_wait_for_connect" on forum to no avail, so I decided to post a thread for this problem. Checked if it was already posted, but it wasn't.

I am running Ubuntu 9.04 server (kernel 2.6.28-16-server) on a Dell PowerEdge 1750 rack server with quad xeon processors entitled "motubuntu01".

Motubuntu01 is currently behind a proxy server and is configured correctly for package upgrades, and it is able to upgrade automatically.

Now I have been so busy with other projects and now am able to find a time to upgrade to 9.10 today. I am using Update Manager and when I click on "Upgrade" button, it froze. On system monitor "Waiting Channel" it said "inet_wait_for_connect".

I had to kill it, reran it and clicked on "check" it updated with various repo's and able to install a test package with no problem.

What is causing "inet_wait_for_connect" on Update Manager when everything else works?

LinuxGold
November 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
That's strange, when I posted this thread, and re-did the search on "inet_wait_for_connect" and found no thread with this string.

Is there any thread that have solution to this problem "inet_wait_for_connect" that I am having and didn't show up on the search result?

Thanks,

Scott

Davie In Dubai
May 5th, 2010, 05:50 AM
I've got exactly the same problem - did you find a fix?