PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Newbie question about HP C6180 printer...

TheMustangZone
November 16th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Hello all,
I'm still getting the hang of Ubuntu, but so far I love it. I have left Windoze forever. The problem I'm having is, how can I use the memory card slots on my HP network printer? Is there a way to make them accessible in Ununtu over the network? They always worked in Windoze, but of course, only because the software was loaded. I can hook up my camera directly to my computer and Ubuntu recognizes it no problem, but I would really rather use the card slots. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob

duanedesign
November 18th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Is everything on your printer working, except the memory card slots? Or. are you trying to get the whole printer working?

from a Terminal (Applications > Accesories > Terminal) run the command:

hp-setup

to set up the printer.

TheMustangZone
November 18th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Is everything on your printer working, except the memory card slots? Or. are you trying to get the whole printer working?

from a Terminal (Applications > Accesories > Terminal) run the command:

hp-setup

to set up the printer.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, everything works but the card slots. Will I be able to turn them on through the terminal? I will give it a shot when I get home. Thanks again.

Rob

TheMustangZone
November 19th, 2009, 04:05 AM
I tried what you suggested, but there was no option to set up the memory card slots and they still do not work. Any other ideas? Thanks again.

Rob

TheMustangZone
December 1st, 2009, 06:32 AM
I'm still unable to find my flash card slots through Ubuntu. The printer and the scanner both work perfectly, but the slots do not respond. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Rob