PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do I connect to the Internet?

Dullstar
November 16th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I can't figure out how to connect to the internet in KDE. Using Ubuntu 9.04, installed kde with

sudo apt-get install kdeI know it isn't a hardware issue, as it works fine in GNOME. Also, I've had it work before in KDE.

Dullstar
November 17th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Ummm.. bump

id10twork
November 17th, 2009, 03:45 AM
I'm not too good with KDE, but one thing I think we need to know is if you have DSL (PPPoE), cable, or dial-up. If you have cable, it should be rather simple after using your Internet connection wizard; for other connections, additional settings are required. I know this did not help much, but providing more info may help someone who knows more about KDE give you the correct answer. Good luck.

Dullstar
November 17th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Oh, just a wireless card tht only works in anything later than 9.04, also including 9.04 (possibly 8.10, I would have to check). Although, I wonder, is the thing you use to connect to the web not in the KDE package? I have just ran sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop as a check on this.

Dullstar
November 17th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Oh, just a wireless card tht only works in anything later than 9.04, also including 9.04 (possibly 8.10, I would have to check). Although, I wonder, is the thing you use to connect to the web not in the KDE package? I have just ran sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop as a check on this.

Yep, that was the problem.