PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] How can I fix this?

slowsmoke
November 16th, 2009, 03:19 AM
You are unable to play in 3D mode due to the following problems:
No Python OpenGL support
No Python GTKGLExt support

Please contact your system administrator to resolve these problems, until then you will be able to play chess in 2D mode.

coldReactive
November 16th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I think it's...

sudo apt-get install python-opengl python-gtkglext1

in applications . accessories . terminal

sudo won't show asterisks/text when you enter your password, the cursor won't even move, just enter the password and hit enter.

slowsmoke
November 16th, 2009, 03:49 AM
I think it's...

sudo apt-get install python-opengl python-gtkglext1in applications . accessories . terminal

sudo won't show asterisks/text when you enter your password, the cursor won't even move, just enter the password and hit enter.
Thank you, this worked.

slowsmoke
November 16th, 2009, 03:55 AM
I think it's...

sudo apt-get install python-opengl python-gtkglext1in applications . accessories . terminal

Also I was wondering if you can help me on this issue. I installed a game called trigger. When I try to play it my screen go black and I get a message saying my input signal is out of range? What could this be?

coldReactive
November 16th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Also I was wondering if you can help me on this issue. I installed a game called trigger. When I try to play it my screen go black and I get a message saying my input signal is out of range? What could this be?

The game could be trying to force a certain refresh rate or something. What graphics card do you have? If you have nvidia, have you made sure that you set "Sync to vblank" on for OpenGL?

slowsmoke
November 16th, 2009, 04:04 AM
The game could be trying to force a certain refresh rate or something. What graphics card do you have? If you have nvidia, have you made sure that you set "Sync to vblank" on for OpenGL?

nvidia GeForce 7600gs with 512. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "Sync to vblank" on for OpenGL?

coldReactive
November 16th, 2009, 04:08 AM
nvidia GeForce 7600gs with 512. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "Sync to vblank" on for OpenGL?

System > Settings/Preferences

there should be an nvidia control panel. In there, under OpenGL Settings, there should be a sync to vblank checkbox.

slowsmoke
November 16th, 2009, 04:21 AM
System > Settings/Preferences

there should be an nvidia control panel. In there, under OpenGL Settings, there should be a sync to vblank checkbox.
sync to vblank is now checked and is still not working...