View Full Version : Tiny house: my favorite concept of the week

Cuddles McKitten
November 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbRvsWuWNUM

I kind of want to build one now.

Ian dewhurst
November 15th, 2009, 09:49 PM
So cool!
That would sort out our troubles of buying a house no end - although I don't think the Mrs would take too kindly for having no place to put her vast collection of shoes! what is it with shoes?

Lightstar
November 15th, 2009, 09:50 PM
ooo awesome!
I'd love to try one, not sure if I'd get claustrophobic in there or not. Gotta hope nothing catches fire too, especially while sleeping upstairs.

It's definitely an idea I like though. (the house, not the fire)

cariboo
November 15th, 2009, 09:52 PM
That place is so small you have to go outside to change your mind. :)

drawkcab
November 15th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I don't think so.

pwnst*r
November 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM

but you won't.

bluebyt
November 15th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I think I can live in an house like that, the only think I don't like is the tiny refrigerator (lack of space for all my foods) and the double stoving, sometime when I make food I use 3 stoves ring.

PartisanEntity
November 15th, 2009, 10:54 PM
It looks cosy, but I think after a few days I would develop claustrophobia, and I am not sure about insulation and heating in winter. I cannot imagine the bedroom to be warm in winter when it's covered in snow.

coldReactive
November 15th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I agree with this guy:

What would you do if there was a fire in your kitchen downstairs and you were in bed upstairs? Your loft window is too small to exit. This looks like a tiny fire trap.

steveneddy
November 15th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I've lived for years at a time in extremely small housing.

It takes some getting used to, but one will eventually get used to it.

And it makes you want to go outside more often. :)

I currently live in a lot less space than that. And no, I'm not in prison.

Cuddles McKitten
November 16th, 2009, 01:54 AM
I currently live in a lot less space than that. And no, I'm not in prison.

The only other alternative that fits those specs is the navy, in which case it might as well be prison.

hessiess
November 16th, 2009, 02:00 AM
I would expect that small houses like these will probably be popular in the future due to there low cost, though building regs would need to change first.

Minimalism is a good thing.

pwnst*r
November 16th, 2009, 02:01 AM
The only other alternative that fits those specs is the navy, in which case it might as well be prison.

lol

Exodist
November 16th, 2009, 02:40 AM

LOL
If I wasnt married with a child I would actually live in something like that. But I would prob splurge and go 120sq ft. hehe

Exodist
November 16th, 2009, 02:42 AM

LOL no,, I am ex navy.. I would rather had the tiny house hands down. lol

steveneddy
November 16th, 2009, 02:45 AM

Just sold my house. I'm an over the road truck driver so I live on the truck full time.

Good points? I can be anywhere I want to be once a week and once every three weeks I can take my time off anywhere I want.

I feel like I'm on a working vacation.

Went salmon fishing once, went to Florida to see family and go to the beach once, saw Niagara Falls one weekend.

I have friends all across the US so I get time to spend with them also.

I'm living like no one else right now so one day I can live like no one else.

We all must make sacrifices to get what we want in life.