PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WiFi keeps disconnecting!

Cam!
November 15th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Ubuntu recognizes my hardware drivers, and nothing goes wrong. However, when I use my WiFi connection for more than 20-30 minutes, it randomly disconnects, and it's unable to reconnect. (I get the spinning icon perpetually). Is it a PCI Hardware error? I have a PCI Wireless Card, but it seems to work fine in every OS I have.

morganpatrick
November 25th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Same issue here. specifically, it diconnects, eventually prompts me for a password which it won't accept, then there's nothing I can do but reboot. logging off and on doesnt do anything.

shrimpy89
November 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I have this problem too

proevofanatik
December 9th, 2009, 11:43 PM
im also getting this problem. has anyone got a fix for it? ive even tried uninstalling the default wireless manager and installing wicd. i still get the disconnecting randomly. it cant even find any of the surrounding wireless networks when it disconnects.

rahnen
December 11th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I have this problem too! I'm running 9.10 64bit. I have a dual boot on a Gateway NV53 and I am penning this from my Windows7(gag) because My wireless connection keeps dropping out shortly after logging in. I was running 2.6.31-16 but now have better luck(less wireless problems) backing down to -14
I also noticed that when I 1st login, the Wifi connection strength meter in the upper right corner starts out at full strength and as soon as it gets used by any application, it degrades to @50%...and then slowly gets worse.

rahnen
December 15th, 2009, 03:36 AM
CoffeeCat Has the SOLUTION!
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1332317

I loaded the (4) backport files as suggested and I am connected long and strong.:)