PDA

View Full Version : I was robbed today!

blastus
February 19th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Yep, I was robbed today. Where I shop for groceries you have to pay for your own shopping bags; 4 cents a bag. I try to recycle my old bags and take them in with me whenever I can. Well someone stole my bags out of my cart because when I went to checkout they weren't there! I couldn't believe it, what kind of lowlife steals empty shopping bags? Anyway, when I went to pay, the girl asked if I needed any bags and I said "Yeah I need bags. Someone stole my f$%$king bags out of my cart!" She laughed a little then said "That's pretty pathetic that someone would steal shopping bags!" and gave me the bags free of charge.

Anyway I was in the store for a very long time as I was looking for lots of things. I think I know who may have done it. As I was in the isle near the back of the store containing storage containers, a couple I never met before also entered the isle. The woman went in front of me to get to a container and then showed it to her boyfriend. My cart was parked a few feet away from me at the end of the isle and the couple were in between the cart and me. The woman then walked up to me and asked me if this was the only store in the city. I said "What do you mean?" Her and her boyfriend then smiled and the guy said "We're just f#@$king with you man." The woman then brushed against my side grabbing my arm smiling the whole time.

My instincts told me that they were trying to pick people's pockets at the grocery store. The encounter was just too weird. The woman brushed up against my side twice which I thought was really strange. Fortunately, I never keep my wallet or anything of importance in the outside pockets of my jacket, for the very reason that it is too easy for someone to pick them. I always keep that stuff in an inside pocket fully zipped up which I promptly checked as soon as the couple left the isle. Unfortunately, I never thought about the bags in my cart until I was ready to checkout. I think they may have stolen the bags thinking there may have been something in them--something I brought into the store with me--because they were kind of fluffed up. I'm quite sure they stole my bags because the only time that I was not right next to my cart was when was in storage containers isle and they were the only ones to enter the isle when I was in it. :-?

majikstreet
February 19th, 2006, 03:23 AM
lol...

psychicdragon
February 19th, 2006, 03:28 AM
That's a bizarre story. At least it was only shopping bags.

I've had my home broken into twice in the last two years, and my dad's car once when I was borrowing it.

bored2k
February 19th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Wao. With the assumption that they got close to you to rob you and that they were the same that stole your shopping carts (that one's for the books; e-mail Jay Leno man), that's what I call a pair of pretty hardcore lowlife thieves.

Sp@z
February 19th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Where do you ;live where you have to pay for grocery bags? Holy cow that is just odd to me. (I know they aren't truely free but sheehsh) Sorry about your bags and I would be mad too @ 4 cents a bag.

mstlyevil
February 19th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Where do you ;live where you have to pay for grocery bags? Holy cow that is just odd to me. (I know they aren't truely free but sheehsh) Sorry about your bags and I would be mad too @ 4 cents a bag.

He probally shops at a store like Aldi which requies you to rent the shopping cart and buy bags. We have those here in OKC but I found a cheaper store to shop at.

Jedeye
February 19th, 2006, 04:29 AM
lol was this at Aldi's?

Edit
^^^ ahh mstlyevil beat me to it ;)

Stereotypical Rage
February 19th, 2006, 04:30 AM
If you feel 4 cents a bag is too much, try Save-A-Lot, they cost 10 cents a bag, but they are on the durable side, similar to bags found at Old Navy. (Plastic ones.):lol:

mstlyevil
February 19th, 2006, 04:33 AM
If you feel 4 cents a bag is too much, try Save-A-Lot, they cost 10 cents a bag, but they are on the durable side, similar to bags found at Old Navy. (Plastic ones.):lol:

Weird. Save A Lot here in Oklahoma does not charge for bags. You do have to bag them yourself.

blastus
February 19th, 2006, 04:42 AM
It was at the Real Canadian Superstore. You can buy the more expensive higher quality plastic bags, three for a buck I think. You have to rent the cart too, well you get your loonie back if you return the cart. I haven't had a cart stolen yet but I guess anything is possible. :neutral:

briancurtin
February 19th, 2006, 04:56 AM
im glad where i live people are not that nuts to charge for the use of carts and/or bags

i wouldnt shop there ever

mstlyevil
February 19th, 2006, 05:04 AM
im glad where i live people are not that nuts to charge for the use of carts and/or bags

i wouldnt shop there ever

Aldi is the only store in this area that does that. I believe they are a German owned company. The rest of the upteen million stores in this area do not charge for bags or carts.

TechSonic
February 19th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Real Canadian Superstore.
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wait.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ok I'm done.

Shopping bags cost you money...
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*cough*

Ok seriously, what were they made out of? If it's Papper or plastic, thats pathetic of the store to charge you.

Please forgive me, for I am American.

Oh god it's so much worse when Dr Pepper squirts out your nose instead of milk..... owww.

Sirin
February 19th, 2006, 09:27 AM

Ah, F Save-A-Lot. They are the Microsoft of grocers. They disguise their products as tons of other brands to get more money. They also charge for their bags? F them x2. :mad:

Netisan
February 19th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Aldi is the only store in this area that does that. I believe they are a German owned company. The rest of the upteen million stores in this area do not charge for bags or carts.
Yes. Aldi are Germans. So do Billa (Austrians) in Europe - shopping carts are coin-unlocked, bags cost 10 cents. And the trick is different:
If you bring your Billa-bag back to the grocery, they will charge it again telling that you had to have it marked it at the entrance..

megamania
February 19th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Shopping bags cost you money...
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*cough*

Ok seriously, what were they made out of? If it's Papper or plastic, thats pathetic of the store to charge you.

Please forgive me, for I am American.

Well, the reason behind charging you for plastic bags is to protect the environment - the idea is that if you have to pay for it, you'll waste less of it.

In many of the states of Europe there's a tax on plastic bags.

Bandit
February 19th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Yep, I was robbed today. Where I shop for groceries you have to pay for your own shopping bags; 4 cents a bag. I try to recycle my old bags and take them in with me whenever I can. Well someone stole my bags out of my cart because when I went to checkout they weren't there! I couldn't believe it, what kind of lowlife steals empty shopping bags? Anyway, when I went to pay, the girl asked if I needed any bags and I said "Yeah I need bags. Someone stole my f$%$king bags out of my cart!" She laughed a little then said "That's pretty pathetic that someone would steal shopping bags!" and gave me the bags free of charge.

Anyway I was in the store for a very long time as I was looking for lots of things. I think I know who may have done it. As I was in the isle near the back of the store containing storage containers, a couple I never met before also entered the isle. The woman went in front of me to get to a container and then showed it to her boyfriend. My cart was parked a few feet away from me at the end of the isle and the couple were in between the cart and me. The woman then walked up to me and asked me if this was the only store in the city. I said "What do you mean?" Her and her boyfriend then smiled and the guy said "We're just f#@$king with you man." The woman then brushed against my side grabbing my arm smiling the whole time.

My instincts told me that they were trying to pick people's pockets at the grocery store. The encounter was just too weird. The woman brushed up against my side twice which I thought was really strange. Fortunately, I never keep my wallet or anything of importance in the outside pockets of my jacket, for the very reason that it is too easy for someone to pick them. I always keep that stuff in an inside pocket fully zipped up which I promptly checked as soon as the couple left the isle. Unfortunately, I never thought about the bags in my cart until I was ready to checkout. I think they may have stolen the bags thinking there may have been something in them--something I brought into the store with me--because they were kind of fluffed up. I'm quite sure they stole my bags because the only time that I was not right next to my cart was when was in storage containers isle and they were the only ones to enter the isle when I was in it. :-?
This is a prime example of why I stab people when they get to close to me..

TechSonic
February 19th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Well, the reason behind charging you for plastic bags is to protect the environment - the idea is that if you have to pay for it, you'll waste less of it.

In many of the states of Europe there's a tax on plastic bags.

Thats nice. Here in the US, we plant New Trees after we cut down the old.
Far as plastic bags go, well we have something called Recycling. This is where the plastic is remelted and reused for new plastic bags.

Every where I go, every papper bag and plastic bag is marked "80% Recycled Content". That doesn't go for just shopping bags, most canned food items are made out of at least 40% recycled metal and lowest I've seen is on a box of Captain Razer Blades at 15% recycled papper (The box, not the food). (Captain Crunch)

Wes24
February 19th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Well, that stuff gets recycled in Europe to, however, if you have less to recycle, it's even better for the environment;).

In the supermarket where I used to shop, they would charge me 20 (euro)cents for a shopping bag. So I got used to bringing my own backpack:).

bonzodog
February 19th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Here in Ireland, all shopping carts are chainlocked, and you have to insert a euro coin to unlock them (or you can buy a 2 euro token, all of which goes to charity, and the token is yours for good), and we have a 'bag tax' if people want the cheap thin plastic bags, as people don't dispose of them properly, and the mess was costing the councils a lot of money. So, the Irish government brought in a green initiative to persuade people to buy better quality 'lifetime bags' for a couple of euros a time, but generally once you buy them, they should last you at least a year. if you forget to take bags with you, they charge 15 cents a piece for the thin things.
Also, smoking is banned here in public places, and recycling is a MUST due to the fact that the Irish don't want landfills. We have 3 bins in our yard, one for paper waste, washed tin cans and plastics, one for biodegradeable waste, and one for non recyclable waste which the Irish government currently have to take Off-shore to the UK landfills, as we no longer have room for landfills. There is a BIG green push going on here, as the Irish are very proud of the land they live in, and it's ancient heritage, as Ireland lives on it's tourism, and we want tourists to see the picture-postcard green Ireland.

macewan
February 19th, 2006, 03:44 PM
you ought to bring this to the attention of the store manager, maybe some one else was affected by this couple

maybe there were caught on tape

jeremy
February 19th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Thats nice. Here in the US, we plant New Trees after we cut down the old.
Only sometimes.

majikstreet
February 19th, 2006, 06:19 PM
what's papper?

anyway.. that sucks that all these places CHARGE for bags.. I know here in Maryland at the groceries we have plastic bag recycling thing.. and I know my mom and I always recycle the bags as cat poop/pee bags....

Bonzodog, you better keep Ireland green! Sometime I'm going to go there.. probably as an adult; it'll be hell for me to get a passport..

raublekick
February 19th, 2006, 06:33 PM
excellent story! i have a funny story about myself getting robbed. it happened at the end of this past summer when i was working at another job.

i walked out to the parking lot when i was leaving work, and there were only a few cars left there. it looked like someone was in my car. i walked around and sure enough, someone was in my car snooping around. i don't keep anything valuable at all in my car, so i just tried to stay at a distance and watch. eventually i think he saw me and he just got out and walked away. the only thing he stole was about $8 in loose change (but i had already used all the quarters, so it was nickles and dimes, sucker). i felt really nervous calling the police on that one...

he also didn't steal my Power Rangers cassette tape ::wipes sweat of brow::