PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Always reboots when reachs to gdm Karmic Koala

serhost
November 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hello I have upgraded to Karmic Koala and this release always reboots the computer when it reachs to gdm. The log shows s-h-i-t because I supose that has no time to write to it (Xorg.log).

But thats not all I just downloaded the CD to reinstall all again and guess what happens when I want to try Ubuntu from the CD. YES! It reboots my computer when it reachs to the graphical screen.

My video card is ATI RADEON 3600. I use a gigabyte motherboard with an AMD 64 dual core processor. I am using the 64bits edition of Karmic Koala.

I though that all important problems were solved (ciphered partitions, upgrade typical issues, etc) and now I see this. I think that I will use fedora for a while because I am really angry. I had to upgrade because many packages were not working on the previous release: glabels, eclipse, ubuntu one, cryptswap regression bug that freeze the startup unless you press enter several times, etc

Anyone has any idea of how gather information to fill a bug report if the system has no time to write the necessary information to the log.

By the way if I start the console session (init 2 or 3 or recovery mode) and I restart acpi, udev and then I make an startx, sometimes (not always) it starts but with a lot of problems: No permissions to mount disks, labels and mount points with the UUID, some sound issues sometimes.

It is very strange and seems that now Ubuntu is getting more inestable than debian SID. It is a pity.