PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't boot via USB drive

Brian88
November 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I am going to install Ubuntu 9.04 from the live CD to the USB drive (as my computer's harddrive is being repaired now and I don't have any spare drives).

But, my computer doesn't support real booting via USB.

For some distributions like MCNLive or Puppy Linux there are WakePup boot diskette and/or MCNLive CD which has option to boot from USB drive. Is there any similar tools for Ubuntu's live USB?

(My reason not to use MCNLive is because it's too complicated - and in Puppy Linux it's very hard to get Wine working, because I am a heavy user of Microsoft Office 2007-because OpenOffice 3.0 doesn't seem to display Office 2007 documents correctly)

Thanks for your help.

wilee-nilee
November 15th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Have you tried abiword it has some interesting attributes that neither word or open office don't. You can copy and paste without formatting is one. I am not sure if this a is alternative but it can be installed in Windows or Linux.

Brian88
November 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Have you tried abiword it has some interesting attributes that neither word or open office don't. You can copy and paste without formatting is one. I am not sure if this a is alternative but it can be installed in Windows or Linux.
Thanks for your help.
It has been solved : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1286540