PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10 - had an abort during synaptic run - what now? (waiting with Synaptic still open

anewguy
November 15th, 2009, 04:59 AM
I know the title sounds a little cryptic, but I didn't know how else to word this. After installing 9.10 and running the updates (I'm on dial-up - let's just say "ouch"), I decided to add some of the things I also wanted via Synaptic, including KDE stuff. The result was MANY hours of downloading 280+ files, then in the installation phase my connection dropped out so I got the following error:

ttf-mscorefonts-installer subprocess installed post-installation script returned error status 1

According to the "details", this was due to the connection drop out which result in not being able to resolve and connect to http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net or internap.dll.sourceforge.net/corefonts/andale32.exe

This resulted in the entire Synaptic run stopping. I still have Synaptic open if there is some way to recover the *rest* of what was being installed/configured. I suppose it is something with dpkg or apt-get, but I have no idea what. I feel like right now everything was left half-finished.

Any quick help would be *greatly* appreciated!

Dave :)

anewguy
November 15th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Not sure if this was the "correct" way to do things, but I went ahead to install another package, and it seems to be re-doing what aborted last time in the installation and configuration phase.

Dave :)