PDA

View Full Version : E-mule vs. A-mule question

lesterness
November 15th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I've used e-mule in Windows quite a bit. Now I'm experimenting with A-mule in Ubuntu. I've noticed one difference in the files available. E-mule has quite a few books in it, like the Cambridge History of Ancient China or Joachim Fest's Faces of the Third Reich. A-mule has no books, only music. Is that only an accident? Is it because A-mule has few users? Is the community of A-mule users waiting for someone to put in a bunch of pdf and txt files of books?

Thanks!

lesterness

BuffaloX
November 15th, 2009, 04:51 AM
It's been a long time since I used Emule, but from what I understand Amule should be compatible with Emule.
Have you checked your server lists?
You can't expect similar results if you server lists are different.

Arathorn
November 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Even though both programmes work with the same network, I've always found less files and folders with aMule (but I haven't used that in a year, so things might have changed). eMule works mostly flawlessly in Wine though, so that's what I do.

Hallvor
November 15th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I've used e-mule in Windows quite a bit. Now I'm experimenting with A-mule in Ubuntu. I've noticed one difference in the files available. E-mule has quite a few books in it, like the Cambridge History of Ancient China or Joachim Fest's Faces of the Third Reich. A-mule has no books, only music. Is that only an accident? Is it because A-mule has few users? Is the community of A-mule users waiting for someone to put in a bunch of pdf and txt files of books?

Thanks!

lesterness

eMule and aMule use the very same servers and connect to the very same KAD network. There shouldn`t be any difference as to content. What you write makes no sense at all.

lesterness
November 17th, 2009, 05:00 AM
eMule and aMule use the very same servers and connect to the very same KAD network. There shouldn`t be any difference as to content. What you write makes no sense at all.

Nevetheless, one gives me all 17 volumes of _The Cambridge History of China_, the other one does not.

lesterness
November 17th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Even though both programmes work with the same network, I've always found less files and folders with aMule (but I haven't used that in a year, so things might have changed). eMule works mostly flawlessly in Wine though, so that's what I do.

I'm not too familiar with Wine. Care to tell me the details of setting up E-mule in Wine?

Thanks.

cariboo
November 17th, 2009, 05:44 AM
I haven't seen a legitimate use for either program. This thread is closed for staff review.

Edit: the thread will remain closed.