PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Applications Places System menu gone

VinnyJ1701
November 14th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Hey all,

Just a curiousity here. I noticed this morning my "Applications, Places, System" menu was gone. I re-booted, just to see if it would come back... nothing changed, still gone. So I managed to get the Ubuntu Icon back, and access the menus that way. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas as to what happened, or is this a small bug in Karmic?

Thanks
Vince

coldReactive
November 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Hey all,

Just a curiousity here. I noticed this morning my "Applications, Places, System" menu was gone. I re-booted, just to see if it would come back... nothing changed, still gone. So I managed to get the Ubuntu Icon back, and access the menus that way. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas as to what happened, or is this a small bug in Karmic?

Thanks
Vince

Main Menu = Ubuntu Icon
Custom Menu = Applications/Places/System

In add to panel right-click option of the panel.

VinnyJ1701
November 14th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Main Menu = Ubuntu Icon
Custom Menu = Applications/Places/System

In add to panel right-click option of the panel.

Thanks... I'll try that

chriscross93
November 14th, 2009, 11:35 PM
This happened to me once before a few releases back. I fixed it and it never happened again, perhaps a small "hiccup"?

VinnyJ1701
November 15th, 2009, 03:00 AM
This happened to me once before a few releases back. I fixed it and it never happened again, perhaps a small "hiccup"?

Hiccup is right...

I fixed it .

Right click on the panel..
Click "add to panel"
Scroll down to the ubuntu icon next to Main Menu
Highlight and click "Add"

Thanks for the help

Vince

blue_bullet
December 13th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Happened to me too. I scrolled to Ubuntu icon and selected 2nd one titled Menu Bar to get Applications Places System back on the bar. Often when I reboot my minimize maximize close buttons which I have on the upper right hand side of a window do not appear. This is another bug that no one has addressed or explained. A simple reboot normally solves the problem. It is bothersome to me though as Ubuntu is beginning to get a lot like windows with so many reboots required.