PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu One, syncing ?

Hagar55
November 14th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I made a launchpad account in my new Karmic install.
I dragged a file into the Ubuntu One folder and every time i startup i get a message saying that Ubuntu one is updating my files....but
I only ever see the ubuntu one icon with a cross, never a connected state.
Also the files that get updated, do you see them when you log into your Ubuntu one account when you log in on the web ?

Hagar55
November 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I opened Ubuntu one on the web on startup this time and it asked if I wanted to add this computer, I says yes and suddenly my files get updated and I got a connected icon on the desktop.
I looked in connected computers and got two instances of my laptop, I removed the oldest one.

Anyone have any idea why it suddenly requested adding the same laptop again and why it seems to be working the second time round ?

awam66
November 15th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Yes I have had the same thing three times with one of my computers. There had been two kernel updates in between and I wondered if it had anything to do with that. Sine the last kernel update one of my instances of Karmic won't connect at all. It used to but even after reinstalling and re-registering it still won't connect. Same computer with identical karmics on two separate drives. Odd really!