View Full Version : [SOLVED] Belkin Wireless Router

November 14th, 2009, 07:42 PM

I've just installed Ubuntu for the first time- about 3 hours ago - and would like to know how to get my wireless router up and running.

It is a Belkin G Router F5D7230-4 Version 7001UK.

I can't find anything on the Belkin website (not even for installing under windows, which is a problem I'll deal with later!)

I'm a complete newbie so go easy please, the grief I'm getting from my step son who can't get his X-Box live on is enough to cope with as it is!

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Bob Black

November 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Ok, you installed Ubuntu to what? The X-box or just some computer lying around? And is this a new router you're using for the first time or why does it have issues getting up and running? Or are you perhaps referring to not being able to get a wireless Internet connection through the router?

November 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
You need to consult your user manual, this is the manual for your specific router:

It should be configured via a hardwire connection first, setup wireless then migrate machine over.

November 15th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks very much for the replies and for taking the time to help, I tried for hours trying to find the manual. I've now saved it for future use, amazing how easy things are when you know how! My phone can pick up the network so I assume my step son's X-Box will be able to; it's not mid afternoon yet so I don't expect him to stir from his pit for a few hours yet!

Bob Black