PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bailing on 9.10

fjm03
November 14th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm out of here. 9.10 will apparently not support either a VMware server or a Canon scanner under Xsane. I'm back to 9.04 where I have use of both.

This lack of support for contemporary appliances is not insignificant. Karmic is definitely not ready for prime time.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that Ubuntu is still not for the masses. I'd rather it remain obscure and secure. I've just got to learn to wait for a couple of months, after release, until the community supports the release.

kellemes
November 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Too bad it isn't working for you.. hope these issues will be fixed soon, or you find another distribution doing a better job.

witeshark17
November 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I'm out of here. 9.10 will apparently not support either a VMware server or a Canon scanner under Xsane. I'm back to 9.04 where I have use of both.

This lack of support for contemporary appliances is not insignificant. Karmic is definitely not ready for prime time.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that Ubuntu is still not for the masses. I'd rather it remain obscure and secure. I've just got to learn to wait for a couple of months, after release, until the community supports the release. Since these work in 9.04, they are clearly intended to in 9.10 Did you submit a report to Launchpad?