PDA

View Full Version : Some academic sources for basic Linux facts.

murderslastcrow
November 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I want some academic (preferably peer-reviewed) sites and references to several areas where Linux really shines.

Namely, customizability, security, open source kernel development, speed, ease of use. Just any good articles or resources with objective views and studies of Linux's benefits. This is for a friend's school article, and although I can tell him in depth all the benefits (especially compared to proprietary systems), he needs some citations to reference.

So please, if any of you can point me in the right direction, it would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

murderslastcrow
November 15th, 2009, 06:36 AM
*lil bump* Anyone?

jdrodrig
November 15th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I want some academic (preferably peer-reviewed) sites and references to several areas where Linux really shines.

Namely, customizability, security, open source kernel development, speed, ease of use. Just any good articles or resources with objective views and studies of Linux's benefits. This is for a friend's school article, and although I can tell him in depth all the benefits (especially compared to proprietary systems), he needs some citations to reference.

So please, if any of you can point me in the right direction, it would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

I guess "I don't need no stinking" academic references to know that linux shines 24x7... :D

I guess the Computer Science people in these forums taking Operating System courses are your best bet....

koenn
November 15th, 2009, 12:18 PM
try wikipedia and see what's mentioned there as references and footnotes

nmccrina
November 15th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Google for "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond.