PDA

View Full Version : 10.04 Beta ISO?

Unanimated
November 14th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Where can I get the ISO for the 10.04 BETA? I want to virtualize it and see how good it is, and maybe see if I can contribute anything. Help would be appreciated.

HappyFeet
November 14th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Where can I get the ISO for the 10.04 BETA? I want to virtualize it and see how good it is, and maybe see if I can contribute anything. Help would be appreciated.

There is no beta yet. In fact, there isn't even an alpha yet.

23meg
November 14th, 2009, 06:28 AM
There is no beta yet. In fact, there isn't even an alpha yet.

In fact, there aren't even daily images yet.

There really isn't much worth testing in Lucid right now, unless you're a toolchain hacker. That's not going to change any time before a week or two after UDS, which is taking place the coming week.

The release schedule (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule) might be helpful.

Bachstelze
November 14th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Long story short, if you really want Lucid: install Karmic and upgrade.

HappyFeet
November 14th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I'll probably start testing when alpha2 or 3 comes out.

kpholmes
November 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
That's not going to change any time before a week or two after UDS, which is taking place the coming week.

is there a UDS after every release?

FuturePilot
November 14th, 2009, 09:01 AM
is there a UDS after every release?

Yes.

longtom
November 14th, 2009, 10:14 AM
That's not going to change any time before a week or two after UDS, which is taking place the coming week.

Help the unwashed. What is a UDS.

v8YKxgHe
November 14th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Ubuntu Developer Summit, a gathering of Earthlings.

longtom
November 14th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Ubuntu Developer Summit, a gathering of Earthlings.

Thank you!

ZankerH
November 14th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Looking at the release schedules, looks like they've cut down on the number of static pre-releases, with just three alphas and two betas. Doesn't really matter much to those of us who install alpha 1 and go from there, but more static pre-releases did help to get more people into the testing procedure. I understand how it might be seen as a waste of time for an inherently dynamic system under active development though.