http://pages.suddenlink.net/handheldcar/Screenshot-MenuKompoZer-2.png
What is this – a video game?
had to use GVim to fix it

schauerlich
November 14th, 2009, 02:12 AM
That beer is quite strong.

autonomy
November 14th, 2009, 02:47 AM
yes, it is strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong strong beer.

FuturePilot
November 14th, 2009, 02:57 AM
I can only imagine what the actual code looks like that it produces :shock:

autonomy
November 14th, 2009, 03:02 AM
I should have taken a picture of the code in GVim, but it was just full screens of garbage tags in between a list tag and a heading tag; and I don't know where all these tags came from unless I got real click happy one day and added bold after bold and anchor after anchor while wondering where they were showing up.

hoppipolla
November 14th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Yeah I use Kompozer a lot. You have to be a bit gentle with it and not change your mind about something on your page/site TOO much, or it will duplicate things!

I also dip into the HTML from time to time and give it a quick tidy! :)

SunnyRabbiera
November 14th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I just wish kompozer was more actively developed, its been like over a friggin year since its got a patch.
it has 8 coming soon but its been a long time coming

autonomy
November 14th, 2009, 05:05 AM
It looked like at least one person is actively developing it and welcomes anyone to fix the bugs. 0.8a4 is in the ubuntu 9.10 regular package sources, but I used to hang out in the mozilla channel which is one place where they maintain it. They mentioned lists and blogs, too.

SunnyRabbiera
November 14th, 2009, 05:24 AM
It looked like at least one person is actively developing it and welcomes anyone to fix the bugs. 0.8a4 is in the ubuntu 9.10 regular package sources, but I used to hang out in the mozilla channel which is one place where they maintain it. They mentioned lists and blogs, too.

It needs more developers, I kind of dumped it for the older less featured but more reliable seamonkey editor.