PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sluggish and sticky UI

intrader
November 14th, 2009, 01:57 AM
For example:

1 Click on an icon or link - drags an icon around on mouse move. For example click on the tab 'Ubuntu Forums ---' drags an icon representing the tab.
2.Taskbar icons delay on launching or don't launch until the click is seen - seems to take time to detect click
3. Click on close-window icon or button only take after repeated attempts
4. Sticky highlight upon typing in this window; once it start highlighting I have trouble cancelling.

I just updated from 9.04 - I was quite happy with 9.04. The update went pretty much flaslessly except for minor problems with Thunderbird language elements and detaul setting (they had to be reinstalled)

Quite unusable in this form. :(

coldReactive
November 14th, 2009, 02:11 AM
What is your graphics card?

intrader
November 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I installed the NVidia accelerated driver (version 96) and I now see some 'fireworks' on taskbar launches, Seems to be slightly better; closing a window is better.
But the actions are still sluggish and sticky (like while I am typing this if I move the mouse it highlights, but then it is difficult to cancel the highlight).
Freemind was usable on 9.04. It is now very painfull - specially to do a 'Save As' - browsing to the proper folder is just very difficult
I just minimized the window with some problem (click several times). To bring to full view again took many clicks.

I think that the changes from 9.04 to 9.10 they messed arround with threading of the UI. Seems that wait for action complete is waiting around too much. The icon problem persists - when I click on the current tab (in firefox), the small image of the page wants to follow the mouse until I right click to cancel

Terrible - How do I go back go 9.04?

How do I have this thread followed so that I can see action on my email?

Click on 'Submit Reply' takes many clicks - I am still here after trying several times
The highlighting is activated (as wells as scrolling of this quick reply window.

intrader
November 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
... by the way Freemind version did not change; I am running 0.9 RC4

The scrolbar very ofter stick - I click on it, the mouse now follow even when not on the scrollbar until I rightclick.