PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless Network Missing?

Torri
November 13th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Woohoo! I got Ubuntu loaded without too much trouble. The one hiccup it had was finding my network during installation. Now that the system's up and running, I have no internet, no wireless networks, and it can't find any. I don't even have a wireless icon. When I click on "Network", it shows a folder "Windows Network," but when I click on it, it says "Unable to Mount Location, Failed to retrieve share list from server." Whatever that means. Anyone run into this before?

Also, it seems to think my screen is larger than it is. I tried to change the resolution, but it gave me a screen full of pixel salad and then reverted back to the original setting.

Anyone have help for a lost newbie?

EDIT: Well, I found the icon, it was off the edge of the screen because the resolution is wrong. Still haven't figured out how to fix that. It's not picking up any networks... and there are several floating around here that I know are there, including my own that is working fine on the other systems.

EDIT 2: Ubuntu bogged down and had all sorts of weirdness happening. Going to try to install Xubuntu instead.