PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] HOW-TO: Firefox KDE integration in Karmic

falkTX
November 13th, 2009, 04:40 PM
The new openSUSE 11.2 brings KDE integration to Firefox (KDE dialogs and other goodies).
See http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/FirefoxIntegration for more info.

So we ask... what about Kubuntu? Can it have that cool integration too?
The answer is YES!

There's already a PPA for this!

You can install the patched Firefox using this commands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:debfx/firefox-kde
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install firefox-3.5 firefox-3.5-kde
After restarting Firefox... WOW! There you go!

I hope this was useful. The attachments show an example.

jepong
November 27th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the info...

wersdaluv
November 29th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Coool :)

ronnoc
December 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
In addition to adding the repository above, there are a few other things you can do as well. Together, they really make Firefox look and behave well =)

I wrote about those here
http://bit.ly/6CcwUW

falkTX
December 3rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
In addition to adding the repository above, there are a few other things you can do as well. Together, they really make Firefox look and behave well =)

I wrote about those here
http://bit.ly/6CcwUW

Nice, although I already knew those it might come handy for new users.

James78
December 17th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I used to love this addon, but however it has completely stopped working from me, I've uninstalled Firefox, xulrunner, etc so many times, reinstalled, all that. It still uses the Gnome dialogs AGAIN. It's so frustrating. =(

falkTX
December 18th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I used to love this addon, but however it has completely stopped working from me, I've uninstalled Firefox, xulrunner, etc so many times, reinstalled, all that. It still uses the Gnome dialogs AGAIN. It's so frustrating. =(

Are you sure you istalled:

firefox-3.5-kde

That's the key package

treris
December 18th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I've also posted this in another thread already, but I had this working like a charm but after updating to FF 3.5.6 all the kde integration is gone again......

PS this is other thread I mentioned: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8521687&posted=1#post8521687

lovinglinux
December 18th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I tried, but it didn't worked well, so I removed the ppa repository and firefox, then installed it again. Now, all my confirmation dialogs have the Cancel button on the right and the OK button on the left, just like Firefox Windows, which is pretty annoying.

Is not a profile issue, since this happens on all, profiles. Anyone knows how to revert this?

EDIT: I have found an workaround, but is not the ideal. It consists of adding the following line to userChrome.css

.dialog-button-box { -moz-box-direction: reverse; }

Does anyone knows where that version of firefox saved this dialog hack so I can remove it?

falkTX
December 19th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Probably the PPA version hasn't been updated yet.

We should wait... once more...

lovinglinux
December 19th, 2009, 03:05 AM
I tried, but it didn't worked well, so I removed the ppa repository and firefox, then installed it again. Now, all my confirmation dialogs have the Cancel button on the right and the OK button on the left, just like Firefox Windows, which is pretty annoying.

Is not a profile issue, since this happens on all, profiles. Anyone knows how to revert this?

EDIT: I have found an workaround, but is not the ideal. It consists of adding the following line to userChrome.css

.dialog-button-box { -moz-box-direction: reverse; }

Does anyone knows where that version of firefox saved this dialog hack so I can remove it?

Nevermind. I was able to revert the changes by re-installing xulrunner

debfx
December 19th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Sorry, I forgot to upload the new version of the kmozillahelper package. :(

After a system update the KDE integration should work fine again.
And always make sure that the kmozillahelper package is installed.

Kyril
December 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Sorry, I forgot to upload the new version of the kmozillahelper package. :(

After a system update the KDE integration should work fine again.
And always make sure that the kmozillahelper package is installed.

Sadly it donīt work for me. kmozillahelper is updated to 0.6.0 but I canīt get the deamon running.

Witch command is needing to start it and why itīs not start automatically?

Edit: Alt + F2 & /usr/lib/mozilla/kmozillahelper bring it up, but KDE-Integration nevertheless donīt work! :(

treris
December 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM
The latest update (of the XUL package) has made things all right again!

Thanks debfx!

didi156
February 19th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Any change that will be included in Kubuntu repo soon?

treris
February 19th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Are you referring to an update to firefox 3.6? I don't think that's likely to happen....

ssri
February 23rd, 2010, 10:29 PM
huh? There's a firefox theme in kde-looks.org

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Oxygen+KDE+%28Firefox+Theme%29?content=117962