PDA

View Full Version : Issue after adding 2 new channels

nunrgguy
November 13th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Myth 9.04.
I've just scanned for and added two new channels. The channels appear in the guide but are not in the list when selecting live channels. Furthermore, if I select live viewing of one of these channels from the guide, I can only select these two channls while in live viewing mode.
There's nothing that I've set for this behaviour and I only use the one playback group (default)

Any ideas?

Thanks

I've another issue but will put that in another post.

SiHa
November 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Sounds like these two channels are from a different video source than the others? Somewhere in the vast cavern that is the Mythtv setup pages (perhaps TV playback settings?) there is a checkbox called something like 'Browse channels from all sources'.
I installed a DVB-S card for BBC-HD only, and had to select this. Otherwise, Myth will only allow you to browse between channels on the same video source.

In my case I could watch BBC-HD, and only that or I could watch everything but. With this box checked, I can browse through all channels from LiveTV.

nunrgguy
November 13th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks. That sounds reasonable, I'll give the b/e a check in that area, although there should only be one source set up and there's only one DVBs card.

nunrgguy
November 13th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Yes - that was bob on thanks - changed from 'All channels' to the name of the source and now they're there. Strange it's that way round and not the other - you'd expect everything to be in 'All Channels'