PDA

View Full Version : Idea down the tube...

GreenDance
November 13th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I was just about to start developing my first project, then I found Ubuntu Netbook Remix, thats my idea / plans down the tube, I was just about to create something just like it, then I found that, and said "aww crap", "it's already been done", looks like its back to the drawing room for me lol, looking at ubuntu netbook remix they have done a good job.

anaconda
November 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Do a lighter wersion of it.

UNR is a bit too heavy for atom processor.. Atleast on my acer aspire one with 512MB ram

forrestcupp
November 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM

UNR is a bit too heavy for atom processor.. Atleast on my acer aspire one with 512MB ram

Call it ROUNR, Remix of Ubuntu Netbook Remix. :D

The Funkbomb
November 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM
But UNR has been out for months...(years?)

Paqman
November 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM

Have you tried building up from the minimal.iso, then slapping UNR over the top?

hoppipolla
November 13th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Call it ROUNR, Remix of Ubuntu Netbook Remix. :D

2nded! :)

pwnst*r
November 13th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I was just about to start developing my first project, then I found Ubuntu Netbook Remix, thats my idea / plans down the tube, I was just about to create something just like it, then I found that, and said "aww crap", "it's already been done", looks like its back to the drawing room for me lol, looking at ubuntu netbook remix they have done a good job.

you're a bit late aren't you? also, as dude said, do something even lighter. remix isn't THAT light.

The Toxic Mite
November 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Call it UNRR, Ubuntu Netbook Remix Remix. :D

Fix'd for ya ;) :P

markbuntu
November 13th, 2009, 11:57 PM
UNR is good but there are lots of hardware type kernel enhancements etc that could be made for specific machines, like what Kuki does for the aspire one. You could do something like that for a different machine. If it was good and solved specific issues and improved performance and worked OOB for a specific machine and had default apps for the way it is used, people would jump all over it.

A touchpad remix would be good, a tablet remix would be even better. One button screen rotation etc would be a godsend for people who use them.

starcannon
November 13th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Theres always room for another remix. You'll have fun building it, learn loads in the process, and if all goes well, have something to give the community if you choose to do so.

Paqman
November 14th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Why strike out on your own anyway? There's plenty of projects looking for another keen young code monkey, i'm sure. If someone is actually working on something that you thought would be cool anyway, then why not approach them and ask if you can help?

Exodist
November 14th, 2009, 09:50 AM

Reminds me of the Southpark episode "Simpsons Did it" :popcorn: