PDA

View Full Version : computer world mag + linux

kpholmes
November 13th, 2009, 10:21 AM
i like to keep up with all the tech news and what not, and i read a lot of articles from various places of the web, some like linux, some dont but i read them anyway. but it seems that when ever im reading a article about linux on computer world, they always have something negative to say about our operating system. every once in a while theres an article that doesn't seem bias, but it just feels like there is a lot of hate there.

anyways thats my rant.

Naiki Muliaina
November 13th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Eh... Cant stand that site...

Flip side is most tech sites seem to swing one way or the other about OS's, be it Mac, Linux, or Windows. Inherently each will attract supporters / aggressors of said favored systems.

t0p
November 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Some people don't like Linux because they tried it and it wouldn't work on their machine. Some don't like Linux because all they know about it is what's been written by haters (such as comments like "it's all command-line" and "Office doesn't work" and "there are no games"). Some people don't like Linux because it doesn't meet their needs (MS Office/Game X doesn't work). Some don't like Linux because some Linux-users don't like Windows (a reciprocal hatred thing). Some don't like Linux because it's not Windows/Apple/BSD/something else. Some don't like Linux because it's ugly. Some don't like Linux because they've heard that it's ugly. Some people don't even have a reason - they hate Linux anyway.

All of these reasons, and more - even the senseless and childish ones - are valid to some extent. If you want/need to hate Linux, then carry on and hate. I just wish everyone would be honest about why they hate Linux.

It's not the hatred that bothers me. It's the dishonesty. And the anti-penguin bigotry.

kpholmes
November 14th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Eh... Cant stand that site...

Flip side is most tech sites seem to swing one way or the other about OS's, be it Mac, Linux, or Windows. Inherently each will attract supporters / aggressors of said favored systems.

ya it bothers me as they're name is computer world

if it was windows & mac world, i wouldnt put it past them, but since they try to cover the whole computer spectrum i find it rather irritating

Some people don't even have a reason - they hate Linux anyway.

If you want/need to hate Linux, then carry on and hate. I just wish everyone would be honest about why they hate Linux.

It's not the hatred that bothers me. It's the dishonesty. And the anti-penguin bigotry.

haha, very well said. alot of truth with that, but its also made me laugh.