PDA

View Full Version : Is it me..?

meatlegs
November 13th, 2009, 10:20 AM
..or is the Karmic Koala starting to kick *****? :D

masux594
November 13th, 2009, 12:05 PM
.. Whaaaaat? Am i the only that doesen't understand =| ?

Sysc, A

maflynn
November 13th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Its you, given the volume of threads complaining about 9.10

Paqman
November 13th, 2009, 02:32 PM
No, it always rocked for me. I've got three machines running it with zero hassles.

pwnst*r
November 13th, 2009, 02:33 PM
..or is the Karmic Koala starting to kick *****? :D

maybe it's your meaty legs.

forrestcupp
November 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
..or is the Karmic Koala starting to kick *****? :DWell, that all depends on what the censored word is. :)

Its you, given the volume of threads complaining about 9.10Don't worry about 9.10. When 10.4 comes out, everyone will love 9.10 and hate 10.4. ;)

jespdj
November 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Whenever there is a new version of Ubuntu, there are always a lot of people complaining. That has happened with every version since I started using Ubuntu (6.06). It looks like complaining about the new Ubuntu has become a tradition.

Don't worry about 9.10. When 10.4 comes out, everyone will love 9.10 and hate 10.4. ;)
Exactly, that's also part of the tradition... ;)

nothingspecial
November 13th, 2009, 03:11 PM
No, it`s not just you. It`s also the countless thousands of others who have had no problem and therefore see no reason to post on the internet about how unproblamatical it is.....

......because that would be unecessary.

4 computers running karmic in this house, everything is fine......

......thank god, coz none of them are mine.

AlanR8
November 13th, 2009, 03:36 PM
2 laptops, this Sony Vaio and an HP Pavilion, both of which are meant to be quirky to set up. No problems here. 2 desktops, one a fast 18 month old core 2 duo home build, just awesome, and an old 1.6 p4 that I use as a file server. No problems.

You're right...9.10 does rock and kick....has since Alpha 3 as far as I'm concerned!

eragon100
November 13th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I had problems at first too, but I have managed to solve them, and now I am really enjoying using Karmic :)

rudihawk
November 13th, 2009, 04:16 PM
It rocks...

Running it since beta on my netbook.

donato roque
November 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Speaking of traditions:
-every release has its critics, especially the first 3 weeks
-they get to know the release and falls in love

just like the movies.

jpeddicord
November 13th, 2009, 04:29 PM
No, it`s not just you. It`s also the countless thousands of others who have had no problem and therefore see no reason to post on the internet about how unproblamatical it is.....

Echo that. Most people are going to come to a support forum only if they need support!

xuCGC002
November 13th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Karmic felt like a kick to the groin to me. But I'll be patient with 8.04.

rattasongw
November 13th, 2009, 05:49 PM
yes

hoppipolla
November 13th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I think it's wicked :)

It's my favourite release of Ubuntu to date (until Lucid probably) and I don't care what everyone else says :P

FuturePilot
November 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Still doesn't work as good as Jaunty does for me.

jpeddicord
November 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Still doesn't work as good as Jaunty does for me.

Shun the non-believer! Shuuuuuun!

HappyFeet
November 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM

I've actually seen more positive threads and posts. But it's the same with every release. There will always be the "<insert ubuntu release> is the worst ever" threads. Nothing ever changes.

HappyFeet
November 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Echo that. Most people are going to come to a support forum only if they need support!

People only like to see the glass half full though.

I'm sure there are many more people that are using it without issue, and don't feel the need to post about it.

Btw, there have been MANY updates since release, and is shaping up nicely. The firefox issue I had is now gone, and I'm very happy.

HappyFeet
November 13th, 2009, 06:49 PM
And guess what you'll hear after Lucid comes out? "lucid is the worst release ever, I should have stayed with karmic". :rolleyes:

FuturePilot
November 13th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Shun the non-believer! Shuuuuuun!

*gets shunned* :(

scout4536
November 13th, 2009, 06:53 PM
No, it's not you, Karmic Rocks!!!!:D

Rainstride
November 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
its been working great for me since day one.

ReddogOne
November 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Don't worry about 9.10. When 10.4 comes out, everyone will love 9.10 and hate 10.4. ;)

So true. And seeing the new version is always the worst ever we'll be back to entering date with switches and the output being LED before long ;)

Me... I haven't had any problems. Well only the with the dodgy wireless card I have in my dell laptop but can't really blame the operating system for that one... that was me being tight!

qwerty2009
November 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Karmic has always worked flawlessly on my laptop, at first there was a problem with my mobile broadband but latest updates have fixed it

Best release ever, theres always gunnah be issues for some people on the first few weeks thats what you get for using it straight away instead of waiting for bugs to be ironed out :P

its a 6 month release cycle people,

im not window bashing (i still dual boot xp as my brother prefers it im not gunna force people onto linux)

but Microsoft get a few years to make there next release that will cost another £100+ and theres always major bugs that don't get fixed until the next service pack comes out which can take up to a year

we should be glad that Canonical can provide updates within a few days to fix those bugs for a totaly free distribution

kreggz
November 17th, 2009, 12:09 PM
have they fixed the poo brown cylon throbber yet?

:popcorn:

qwerty2009
November 17th, 2009, 12:25 PM
which throber are you on about ? the one when you start up (the progress bar) ? coz you can change that manually

Nerd King
November 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
2 of my own machines with flawless install (no tweaks/fiddling/faff required), a number of friends machines similarly configured and only 1 laptop not liking it due to the 31 kernel and my wi-fi not getting on well (and that problem is accross other distros using the same kernel so it's obviously upstream). All in all, Karmic's doing just fine. And if it isn't, 9.04 is a perfectly good alternative.

kreggz
November 18th, 2009, 01:50 AM
which throber are you on about ? the one when you start up (the progress bar) ? coz you can change that manually

Yeah, I might reinstall Karmic and do that, the throbber is ugly as hell

Shpongle
November 18th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Speaking of traditions:
-every release has its critics, especially the first 3 weeks
-they get to know the release and falls in love

just like the movies.

perfectly said!!!!