PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.10 Evolution Printing

Alasta
November 13th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Hello there . I upgraded to 9.10 , the only serious problem I have is that evolution will no longer print calendars. The program exits with no error message ,just dies instantly . It does this either printing to file or to a printer . The previous version worked perfectly . I have tired re-installing evolution with no effect

Many thanks

Alastair

Alasta
November 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Well here we are , if you want to be a serious alternative to Microsoft , this is the sort of issue that needs to be looked at !

audiomick
November 13th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Hallo. Can't help, but interested to hear that Evo has a problem. My phone stopped synching after going to 9.10, and it nearly has to be Evolution causing the problem.

Alasta
November 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Well I have done a clean install of 9.10 on my desktop PC and I have EXCACTLY the same issue , so obviously the problem is with 9.10. Unless there is a fix for this I shall be returning to jaunty . I just need to know if anyone else is having this issue ?

mcedata
November 16th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Yes, lots of us are having this problem. Every attempt at printing the "day" view in Evo results in it just closing out. A clumsy workaround is to set the view to "week" at the top of Evo, and, for me at least, I can get the calendar printed out.

Waiting for the fix....

mcedata

Alasta
November 18th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Well thank you for that . The question remains , If you think this is really an outlook killer ....