PDA

View Full Version : who else loves the classic sega sonic

redfoxkt
November 13th, 2009, 04:33 AM
i remember when i was a little kid sonic and knuckles was my favourite...still is, i used to have all different kinds of sonic games for the computer...this racing one...the old sonic adventure games and i dont remember wat game this was but it had robo sonic and god sonic in it...ahh child hood memories...is there any sonic remakes or the actuall classic sonics out there for download ?freeware im hoping

Windows Nerd
November 13th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Classic Games are always better, especially when you grew up playing them. I grew up in the N64 era, and my god do I love playing stuff like Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (THE BEST GAME EVER, IMO. If you say anything else, I will go bananas). Ah, the memories :)

If you are looking for remakes or classic sonic games, maybe you should have a look at emulators. I can recommend you one if you tell me the console you played Sonic on as a child.

redfoxkt
November 13th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Classic Games are always better, especially when you grew up playing them. I grew up in the N64 era, and my god do I love playing stuff like Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (THE BEST GAME EVER, IMO. If you say anything else, I will go bananas). Ah, the memories :)

If you are looking for remakes or classic sonic games, maybe you should have a look at emulators. I can recommend you one if you tell me the console you played Sonic on as a child.

haha yeah zelda and mario 64 and the old 007 golden eye with the painball cheat lol good times goooood times i currently have a 64 emulater but i used to play most the sonic games on the computer the old advenute games was from sega though genisis i think

Windows Nerd
November 13th, 2009, 05:03 AM
You can try Gens: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/genesis/gens.html
In their words, "Gens remains known as perhaps the best Genesis/Mega Drive emulator around." And it works on Linux without Wine, perfect. Give 'er a try if you want.

To find a Sonic Game: http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/genesis.html
Just search under S and you should find them.

Scott

redfoxkt
November 13th, 2009, 05:07 AM
You can try Gens: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/genesis/gens.html
In their words, "Gens remains known as perhaps the best Genesis/Mega Drive emulator around." And it works on Linux without Wine, perfect. Give 'er a try if you want.

To find a Sonic Game: http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/genesis.html
Just search under S and you should find them.

Scott

Thanks Scott. i got a logitech game controller do u know if ubuntu auto reconizes it ? or will it not work with linux, if u dont know dont bother looking it up i will lol

Windows Nerd
November 13th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Thanks Scott. i got a logitech game controller do u know if ubuntu auto reconizes it ? or will it not work with linux, if u dont know dont bother looking it up i will lol
It probably will, plug it in and see if it is recognized by the emulator or your system. Alternatively, google the model + Linux and see if other people liked how it worked for them.

redfoxkt
November 13th, 2009, 05:18 AM
ok thanks for all the help...hey how do u get ur rank up, I.E. how do i change "First Cup of Ubuntu"

SouthOfHell
November 13th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Argh, I hate the term "gensis", I always remembered it as the Mega Drive, good ol' days, I grew up with the sega master system/mega drive.

Wish there was some way to play sonic games (like sonic 2 for the mega drive) co-op'd over the net with people, that would be pretty awesome.

redfoxkt
November 13th, 2009, 05:25 AM
thats a great idea maybe some one will stumble along this thread and possibly make a co-op remake lol shouldnt be too hard but then again i dont know anything about coding game soo i cant really say.

Windows Nerd
November 13th, 2009, 06:44 AM
ok thanks for all the help...hey how do u get ur rank up, I.E. how do i change "First Cup of Ubuntu"
Post count (beans). The amount of posts determines your rank. You can also hide your post count, but your rank is still reflected through it. I hide my post count, but by my rank you can tell I have about 200 posts. I hide my post count so it doesn't feel like post count is something that determines how good you are with Linux.

Scott

squilookle
November 13th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I love the old Sonic Games. The best ones were the original, Sonic 2 (Megadrive and Master System) Sonic 3, Sonic Chaos and Sonic Adventure.

They did produce some absolutely awful games too though, Sonic Drift, Sonic 3d and Sonic Spinball among them.

SunnyRabbiera
November 13th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I love the old Sonic Games. The best ones were the original, Sonic 2 (Megadrive and Master System) Sonic 3, Sonic Chaos and Sonic Adventure.

They did produce some absolutely awful games too though, Sonic Drift, Sonic 3d and Sonic Spinball among them.

Actually spinball is not a bad game in my opinion it just takes some time to get used to its unique dynamics, 3D Blast does suck though.
Sonic drift is alright