PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help please with WoW Wrath of the Lich King

Blake_K
November 13th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Hello, I have a problem with World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King. I have successfully installed the program into Ubuntu 9.10 using Wine 1.1.31. The launcher came up on the screen and all of the latest patches downloaded and installed automatically. I hit the play button and the screen changes over to the intro video for Lich King, its a little laggy but you can watch it. When the video ends or I skip it World of Warcraft crashes and I get this error:

This application has encountered a critical error:
ERROR #132(0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0073:343BBD2D

The instruction at "0x343BBD2D" referenced memory at "0x343BBD2D".
The memory could not be "read".

And then I hit ok and I get the wow error window coming up wanting to send this error to blizzard. I have tried to modify the config.wtf file as found in some wow troubleshooting guides on this site but that didn't change anything as far as I can tell. I have also tried reverting back to wine 1.0.1 stable release, but then I can't even get the Launcher to open. Any and all ideas as to how I can get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

raistlinsins
December 10th, 2009, 02:20 AM
well, this post matches the same problem ive been having with world of warcraft wrath of the lich king..

i have downloaded the install.exe for the game, i have tried copying files from the disc's, i have un-installed and re-installed both "world of warcraft" and "wine"... i have played around trying to get it to work for a few days until i gave up on it and left it alone for about a week and a half, no i just want the game to work lol.

im now at the point where everything seems to work when i click on the launcher but then i get the same error #132 as Blake_K.

im new here and this is my first post, but besides that has there been a solution to this error #132?

savaan
January 27th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I'm still new on Ubuntu, been on here about a week now and I've been running WoW with no problems. I didn't INSTALL WoW on my new Ubuntu system, I copied and pasted my WoW folder from another computer. I found that it seems to run better in "windowed mode" too, whether or not that's Ubuntu's doing or my crappy vid card is yet to be seen.
To launch, I open WINE and browse to my WoW folder then open with WINE launcher. Again, its been working fine for me for the past week using this method and not actually installing it on the machine.

Now if I could just figure out how to make a launch icon for WoW on my desktop I'd be happy

elsanto80
July 15th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Not sure if it can help, but read what i have done in

http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9590867#post9590867