PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu ONE on OpenSolaris

Black_Metal
November 13th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Hi guys,

I have a just a couple of questions.

1) is it legal to use Ubuntu ONE on other non GPL operatingsystems like OpenSolaris.
2) I already read in an older thread that the client software is written in pythen, but to intall the software apt-get or aptitude is required. So how can I get the software?
3) Is my data on the cloud encrypted, if yes how, if no why and is it planed to add encryption.

Kunkles
November 13th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Hi guys,

I have a just a couple of questions.

1) is it legal to use Ubuntu ONE on other non GPL operatingsystems like OpenSolaris.
2) I already read in an older thread that the client software is written in pythen, but to intall the software apt-get or aptitude is required. So how can I get the software?
3) Is my data on the cloud encrypted, if yes how, if no why and is it planed to add encryption.
The whole point of GPL is to give people the freedom to use the software however they want, so of course you can use it on OpenSolaris.
1) It's General Public License, so it's perfectly legal ( that's the whole point of GPL... )
2) The software hasn't been compiled for opensolaris yet, at least, nowhere that I've seen. But you can still use the online service.
3) Yes it's encrypted