PDA

View Full Version : Which Distro? Can't Decide!

Tramx
November 12th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I have an increasing need to use Linux at work. I like Long Term releases because I don't want to re-install a lot. I was thinking about migrating to Debian (Lenny). For me, Debian is a bit harder to use but it is very stable. But I also really like Ubuntu,(using Hardy at the moment). Should I wait for 10.04 or use Debian for a longer period of time. What say you? :(
PS. When I'm not at home, I use a lot of wireless. It's a factor to consider.

MasterNetra
November 12th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Well if Hardy does what you need it to do then stick with it at least until Lucid. But whatever works for you.

uberdonkey5
November 12th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I think hardy is a good distro, though I had probs with wireless originally. Given that LTS are 'supposed' to be more stable, I would go with Hardy... (though I am tempted by ext4 file system of Karmic!)

Hallvor
November 12th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I have an increasing need to use Linux at work. I like Long Term releases because I don't want to re-install a lot. I was thinking about migrating to Debian (Lenny). For me, Debian is a bit harder to use but it is very stable. But I also really like Ubuntu,(using Hardy at the moment). Should I wait for 10.04 or use Debian for a longer period of time. What say you? :(
PS. When I'm not at home, I use a lot of wireless. It's a factor to consider.

Since you use Ubuntu now, why don`t you test Debian Lenny and see which one you like best?