PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can not boot with 8.10, or with any hard drive for that matter

emu42
November 12th, 2009, 05:55 PM
So I dual booted Ubuntu 8.04 and Windows XP for a while before upgrading yesterday to 8.10. The graphics card was acting up a bit after the upgrade, so I installed the proprietary drivers and rebooted. The problem was, I couldn't boot at all. When I try to boot with Ubuntu, it goes normally, but right when the login screen should come up, it has a floating box that says "video mode not supported" and stays that way. When I try to boot with Windows, it simply goes back to the original boot screen (where I can select whether I want Windows or Ubuntu).

So I really can't do anything, and I have to use the library's computer for this. Considering this problem was probably caused by the built-in drivers in Ubuntu, I'd imagine this would be a common problem.

emu42
November 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I looked around and found nothing on the support pages that related to my problem, so does anyone have any suggestions? Any support would be greatly appreciated.