PDA

View Full Version : What search engine do you use?

phillipi
November 12th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Just read an article about how Microsoft's Bing is gaining market share. I've been using Yebol.com for a week now, I've really enjoyed it. I experimented with Cuil.com as well, but the pages seemed to lack relevancy. What's everyone else using? And why?

MasterNetra
November 12th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Google, I've seen no better.

lisati
November 12th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I normally use Google, mainly because it seems to give me results more relevant to what I'm interested in. On the rare occasion that I've used another search engine recently, mainly Ask (brought to my attention through a sneaky installer on a Windows machine after a semi-automatic repeated click on "next" without properly reading the screen) and Yahoo, they don't seem to do so well.

The Funkbomb
November 12th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I mainly use Google. In fact, it's my start up page. Easily customizable but not too much like yahoo where everything is on the page whether you want it or not.

Google makes me happy. Never saw the need for anything else. I might stray if I can't find it on Google though.

phillipi
November 12th, 2009, 06:34 AM
I think google is the best as well. I've been messing around with other options lately. The local coffee shop might not be as reliable as Starbucks, but it usually has more personality.

Wim Sturkenboom
November 12th, 2009, 06:59 AM
google and at occasion altavista. Just don't want google to have the monopoly.

BenAshton24
November 12th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I use google, simply because they seem to have the best results and things are kept simple... although, after seeing some of the things that they do, I'm begging to think that their "don't be evil" motto is supposed to be ironic...

Xbehave
November 12th, 2009, 07:11 AM
... although, after seeing some of the things that they do, I'm begging to think that their "don't be evil" motto is supposed to be ironic... For example...?

CJ Master
November 12th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I use google, simply because they seem to have the best results and things are kept simple... although, after seeing some of the things that they do, I'm begging to think that their "don't be evil" motto is supposed to be ironic...

Need I list all the good contribution that Google made?

bonfire89
November 12th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Bing... lawlz

ninjapirate89
November 12th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Oh come on! Not one person uses Bing? </sarcasm>
:lolflag:

wulfgang
November 12th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Google is awesome. I believe this competition with Bing has made Google step it up which is good for us googlers. :)

Veteropinguis
November 12th, 2009, 07:45 AM
This says it all for me: http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1915736&fullscreen=1

handy
November 12th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Scroogle with few exceptions.

It protects my privacy from the largest database of personal information to ever exist on the planet = Google.

Though it still uses the Google search engine, which is a benefit imho.

I also have my browser set to ask me about every cookie that comes my way. Only a very few are accepted, like forums & sites where I purchase from.

Zorian144
November 12th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Google all the way!

phillipi
November 12th, 2009, 08:09 AM
google and at occasion altavista. Just don't want google to have the monopoly.

Isn't Altavista owned and powered by Yahoo?

bonfire89
November 12th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Google is awesome. I believe this competition with Bing has made Google step it up which is good for us googlers. :)

Although I just knocked Bing, I can appreciate it for this.

This says it all for me: http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1915736&fullscreen=1

That just crashed firefox! lol

Exodist
November 12th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I use Google since it provides the best results.

HappinessNow
November 12th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Google.

handy
November 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Obviously most people don't care at all about the Google database (for one, the big one) & their personal privacy.

Anyway, at least we do still have choices that can protect us somewhat from those that are collecting every bit of data they can on us.'

I think that the marketroids are very likely the least of our worries.

foxmulder881
November 12th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I refuse to vote because the poll should be multi.

I never stick to one search engine. Mostly I use Google (obviously) and Bing. Rarely I use Yahoo and sometimes Ask.

handy
November 12th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Scroogle.

JBAlaska
November 12th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I always use Google (like 100% of the poll takers). And when I want to be a smarta** I use LMGTFY (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=number+one+search+engine)

Edit: like 97.44% of the poll takers lol

JBAlaska
November 12th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Lol's