PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Dock for Gnome

whiteshinigami
November 12th, 2009, 03:59 AM
I have just switch from KDE to Gnome and I used the dock Daisy are there any like it?

Note: Daisy would take open programs and put them over the launcher. If you wanted to open a new window of the program you had to right click new instance.

thanks

phishie
November 12th, 2009, 04:05 AM
I have just switch from KDE to Gnome and I used the dock Daisy are there any like it?

Note: Daisy would take open programs and put them over the launcher. If you wanted to open a new window of the program you had to right click new instance.

thanks

I have no idea, but you might want to try out AWN.

youtube would give you a preview of it ;)

andrea000
November 12th, 2009, 06:10 AM
There is awn and also cairo dock i like cairo dock 2
i think it's better then awn but some say awn is better
it's a personal choice but take a look at cairo dock 2
with opengl from here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtPFCHgp_Vc).There is also a mac theme in
there also.

pinoyskull
November 12th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I use Gnome-Do, it has a pretty dock

keypox
November 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I use Gnome-Do, it has a pretty dock

simple, fast and stable. Gnome-do

vamc
November 12th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Maybe we have a still better way.Actually we need not download any.Create a new Pannel on any of your desktop edge,customize its properties:increase its size to 50 (as I use this size,I recommend it),unselect EXPAND and switch on to the autohide mode.Ofcourse it may not support any effects like Cairo Dock, but it is defintly not bad.I am attaching the screen shot of "MY DOCK"........

ayampanggang
November 12th, 2009, 01:36 PM
for some reason gnome-do is not so stable on me. It often quits by itself in which I'll have to do killall gnome-do && gnome-do to restart it.

fabounet
November 12th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Moreover Gnome-Do is not a dock, but a find&execute application.
I'd recommend Cairo-Dock2 ;-)

Shazaam
November 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Don't like/can't run Compiz?...
1. Open the Configuration Editor-

gconf-editor
2. Go to apps>metacity>general.
3. Check "compositing_manager".
4. logout then login.
http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/03/31/enable-metacity-compositing-in-gnome-222/