PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Two seperate cubes on ubuntu 9.10 using compiz

dpg77
November 12th, 2009, 03:31 AM
having problems trying to get two seperate cubes on dual display working.

have got the two screen now working indivually eg on 1 desktop have four sides and works as a cube.
(change to four side either via Workspace switcher "2.28.0" or via compiz-setting-manager

and on the second display only have 2 sides. cannot change this by any means i have found.

Yes the single cube works on this system but i want two indivual cubes 1 on each side.

I think all i need to do is find out how to set desk 1 to have four workspaces.

if i scroll over the workspace switcher icon one screen has 4 workspaces the other only has 2 but both say they are setting for desk 1.

if i try to change on either they always change dektop 1 or the one with 4 parts.

have not been able to find the answer for this one. if someone else can find the answer or how to do this please help.

either way or setting the amount of workspace on the second screen or by command line getting workspace switcher on the second display.

Dullstar
November 12th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Do you know if it worked on earlier versions of Ubuntu? It's okay if you don't, but it might help narrow down possibilities if we know.

dpg77
November 24th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Not tested have seen posted on previous versions put was never able to test on previous version.