PDA

View Full Version : The ignore list feature is OK, but....

HappyFeet
November 12th, 2009, 03:15 AM
How do I keep from seeing an ignored person's posts when someone quotes them?

Viva
November 12th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Try this
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/46772

The Funkbomb
November 12th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I don't think you can. You can mentally ignore them. You see a name of someone you have on ignore, just keep going. Self control is your friend.

RiceMonster
November 12th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I don't think vBulletin supports this.

CharmyBee
November 12th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I don't think vBulletin supports this.

Nope, not at all. Which is bad because if you're ignoring a person who successfully derailed the thread, it's not really ignoring.

Tipped OuT
November 12th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Ignoring someone is for the weak, the people who get offended.

I AM A WARRIOR! HEAR MY ROAR! RAMBO!!

:p

sertse
November 12th, 2009, 03:49 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1288072

My last thread on this, when I asked about it in FF&H

and hey you posted there too :P

Tipped OuT
November 12th, 2009, 03:52 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1288072

My last thread on this, when I asked about it in FF&H

and hey you posted there too :P

Yes. :)

The Funkbomb
November 12th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Can't you just ignore them through will power? I can't imagine someone making me so angry that I just have to respond or even read it for that matter.

HappyFeet
November 12th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks guys, I got it.

And yes, I can use will power, but choose not to. :-k

etnlIcarus
November 12th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Ignoring someone is for the weak, the people who get offended.

Pretty much.

I find it pretty amusing when people 'punish' you, by blocking you: you can still read their posts, you can still respond to their posts, pick their posts apart, prove them wrong, or even strawman them to death, if you're so inclined. All they've succeed in doing is sacrificing their own right of reply.

Swoll1980 and ...that dude who is always going on about lucid dreaming, are the only two people I know of, who've blocked me. Lucky for them that they either don't post often, or only occasionally post something particularly objectionable.

The Funkbomb
November 12th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Pretty much.

I find it pretty amusing when people 'punish' you, by blocking you: you can still read their posts, you can still respond to their posts, pick their posts apart, prove them wrong, or even strawman them to death, if you're so inclined. All they've succeed in doing is sacrificing their own right of reply.

Swoll1980 and ...that dude who is always going on about lucid dreaming, are the only two people I know of, who've blocked me. Lucky for them that they either don't post often, or only occasionally post something particularly objectionable.

The worst people are the ones who put someone on ignore and then have to repeatedly state it. "Ha ha, what is John saying? I have him on ignore!"

These people should not only be banned, but banned from the internet.