PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone get Facebook chat to work in any messenger at the moment?

hoppipolla
November 12th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Yo, really sorry to start another thread but this is just kinda bugging me and asking here is easier than searching the entire internet for an answer I might not find!

Is anyone else having any luck connecting to Facebook chat with a linux messenger at the moment? I believe they changed their protocol in some way fairly recently, and since then I can't get a connection in Kopete or in Pidgin, and Empathy doesn't list Facebook in it's supported protocols at all.

I think that Digsby supports it again but they haven't finished their Linux port (and I really can't be bothered to keep loading up Facebook just to check whose online!)

Has anyone had any luck?

Windows Nerd
November 12th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Wow, I didn't ever go to think you could use a messaging clients with Facebook. I have enough trouble with Facebook chat within the browser, as it decides not to work half the time. Try the almighty Google, he might know how to get it working with whatever client you are using.

Scott

hoppipolla
November 12th, 2009, 02:47 AM
solved (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8297962#post8297962) (at least for Pidgin) :)