PDA

View Full Version : iMagic OS is a waste of money...

xArv3nx
November 12th, 2009, 12:59 AM
..because the owner is very immature (who also seems to be who you get the technical support from). i was reading DistroWatch's review on iMagic OS and decided to check out the comments (just a few minutes ago, actually) and look what I found:

I can't believe I'm seeing an iMagic OS review here. Just... wow.

iMagic OS is not much more than a hacked-together Ubuntu with an even uglier desktop theme. I first found out about it earlier this year, when I criticised the lack of what it offered for the money (http://bit.ly/1QZyuB). Days later, the lead developer (or probably the only developer), Carlos, sent me a scathing e-mail laced with obscenities and harsh comments, such as "why even bother to open your stupid distorted mouth to yell out what your crazed stupid brain concocts???!!"

Is this the kind of distro leader you'd want -anything- to do with?

Carlos even went as far as to pose as an iMagic OS customer on my site's forums to help build his distro up as being a stellar offering (IP addresses matched between the two). Even if the distro is "decent", his immature attitude and sneaky being (he's known for this) sure doesn't reassure me of much. Earlier this year, the iMagic OS website claimed to offer "Magic Office", an office suite that the developer claimed to have been built by "scratch". It was actually built using the TinyMCE WYSIWYG back-end, which I mentioned in the above-linked news post. No surprise... Magic Office is no longer a feature.

Come on DistroWatch... please focus on distros that are actually worth the few kilobytes they take to download.

Carlos has also harassed me on MSN messenger (to which I still have logs of, if anyone's interested).

it makes me feel sorry for anyone who buys his product. DO NOT BUY IMAGIC OS!!

Warpnow
November 12th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Of course its a waste...

The Funkbomb
November 12th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Why would you pay for an OS when you can get countless other distros for free?

Mohamedzv2
November 12th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I'd like the logs if possible

joey-elijah
November 12th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I've never even heard of iMagic OS

joey-elijah
November 12th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Now i have and wow. What a fugly OS... he CHARGES people for that?!

xArv3nx
November 12th, 2009, 01:26 AM
pm sent.

nowin4me
November 12th, 2009, 01:33 AM

+1 and I would also like his/her email address so I can talk to him/her.

overdrank
November 12th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Closed for review