PDA

View Full Version : Chromium using Ubuntu Tweak

1roxtar
November 11th, 2009, 08:50 PM
For weeks I have been trying to get the Chromium browser on my Ubuntu netbook. I am running 9.10 Karmic Koala and I have always had a hard time setting it up (flash, most of all), even with Jaunty. I installed the newest version of Ubuntu Tweak for Karmic and downloaded Chromium with it. It was so freaking simple and everything works amazingly well, right out-of-the-box. I was even able to watch flash videos with ease. Thanks to Ubuntu Tweak, I now have two great browsers on my Ubuntu machine....Firefox and Chromium. I guess I can now take the Chrome theme off of my Firefox. Hah!

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-tweak/0.4.x/0.4.9.2

solwic
November 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM
For weeks I have been trying to get the Chromium browser on my Ubuntu netbook. I am running 9.10 Karmic Koala and I have always had a hard time setting it up (flash, most of all), even with Jaunty. I installed the newest version of Ubuntu Tweak for Karmic and downloaded Chromium with it. It was so freaking simple and everything works amazingly well, right out-of-the-box. I was even able to watch flash videos with ease. Thanks to Ubuntu Tweak, I now have two great browsers on my Ubuntu machine....Firefox and Chromium. I guess I can now take the Chrome theme off of my Firefox. Hah!

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-tweak/0.4.x/0.4.9.2

I'd love to put Chromium on my machine. You use a tutorial? If so, share? :biggrin:

ElSlunko
November 11th, 2009, 10:59 PM
It's as easy as installing ubuntu-tweak & going to applications > third party.

I did this for my computer & my cousins' netbook. Easy as pie. Ubuntu tweak is a great tool.

solwic
November 12th, 2009, 01:27 AM
It's as easy as installing ubuntu-tweak & going to applications > third party.

I did this for my computer & my cousins' netbook. Easy as pie. Ubuntu tweak is a great tool.

Awesome. I already have Ubuntu Tweak installed for other reasons. Installing Chromium as we speak.

Thanks for the heads up. :biggrin:

1roxtar
November 12th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I'm sorry. LOL In my haste...out of excitement...I forgot to add that it was in the Applications/Third-party section. It was so easy, I almost kicked myself and the best thing is that it is also included in the updates repository.

wilee-nilee
November 12th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Ubuntu Tweak is an excellent program for pulling in the ppa's and keys with a few clicks.