PDA

View Full Version : My dilemma with PS3

amitabhishek
November 11th, 2009, 06:49 PM
A couple of month back my wife gifted me this bad boy of consoles. Now I am realizing that I am doing everything on it but play games. I have dual booted it with Ubuntu, listen to music, surf net, watch movies. In short for me, most of the time, its one expensive DVD player.

I have four titles Call of duty (COD), Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer and Drake's Fortune. I can't seem to enjoy any of them. Am I too noob for PS3 gaming? Am I missing something? Where should I begin? Any recommended games to entice my interest? I really want to enjoy them and get the ROI.

pwnst*r
November 11th, 2009, 06:55 PM
A couple of month back my wife gifted me this bad boy of consoles. Now I am realizing that I am doing everything on it but play games. I have dual booted it with Ubuntu, listen to music, surf net, watch movies. In short for me, most of the time, its one expensive DVD player.

I have four titles Call of duty (COD), Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer and Drake's Fortune. I can't seem to enjoy any of them. Am I too noob for PS3 gaming? Am I missing something? Where should I begin? Any recommended games to entice my interest? I really want to enjoy them and get the ROI.

uh if you COD and Drake's doesn't tickle your fancy, then that begs the question of what types of games have you liked previously? because both of those are top tier titles in their own genres.

coldReactive
November 11th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Well, if you don't like them, then you might be turning into an RPGr like me :3

amitabhishek
November 11th, 2009, 07:00 PM
uh if you COD and Drake's doesn't tickle your fancy, then that begs the question of what types of games have you liked previously? because both of those are top tier titles in their own genres.

I liked racing games when I booted XP. But on PS3 cant seem to clear many levels. This I guess this is leading to fatigue & boredom. Are there any easier games to begin with - till I master the controls.

The Funkbomb
November 11th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Why not just use it how you want to use it?

Short of that, get a subscription to gamefly and try a variety of games. My brother loves his gamefly. He said he's played and enjoyed games he never would have looked at in the store.

amitabhishek
November 11th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Well, if you don't like them, then you might be turning into an RPGr like me :3

Call me a ignorant but WTH is RPGr? ;)

pwnst*r
November 11th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I liked racing games when I booted XP. But on PS3 cant seem to clear many levels. This I guess this is leading to fatigue & boredom. Are there any easier games to begin with - till I master the controls.

well gran turismo is a sim, you need something more arcade-ish. something from the need for speed series would suit you better.

coldReactive
November 11th, 2009, 07:04 PM
RPGr = Role Playing Gamer

RPG = Role Playing Game