PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem in Linux ubuntu9.10

hatim59
November 11th, 2009, 10:23 AM
hi

I have a problem in the system, a Linux ubuntu 9.10 -pointing desktop appears Code:

root@hatim-desktop:#

Please solve the problem

arubislander
November 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Welcome to the forums.
You might want to read up on the Code of Conduct to be found under Forum Help->Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.

In a nutshell: Folks here are often glad to help. But:
1. They are under no obligation to. You should bear that in mind in how you phrase your request for help.
2. Be exhaustive in your description of the problem. Better give a little too much information than too little.

Concerning this problem at hand... What exactly is the problem?

If you don't want a root prompt, then don't login as root. If you are dumped into a root console at startup, you should describe what you've installed, how you've installed it, what hardware you have, what if any, messages scroll by, etc...

Oh, and it helps to have a more descriptive title for the Thread.

hatim59
November 18th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Hi,

Welcome to the forums.
You might want to read up on the Code of Conduct to be found under Forum Help->Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.

In a nutshell: Folks here are often glad to help. But:
1. They are under no obligation to. You should bear that in mind in how you phrase your request for help.
2. Be exhaustive in your description of the problem. Better give a little too much information than too little.

Concerning this problem at hand... What exactly is the problem?

If you don't want a root prompt, then don't login as root. If you are dumped into a root console at startup, you should describe what you've installed, how you've installed it, what hardware you have, what if any, messages scroll by, etc...

Oh, and it helps to have a more descriptive title for the Thread.

Thanks a lot my dear brother
Power cut problem and suddenly told me this message
Please help

arubislander
November 18th, 2009, 06:00 PM
OK, so you were working on the computer and had a power outage, and now you don't get the graphical install screen?

Maybe you could change the thread title to: "No graphical login after power outage", and see if some-one comes along to help you with that.

hatim59
November 19th, 2009, 11:13 AM
OK, so you were working on the computer and had a power outage, and now you don't get the graphical install screen?

Maybe you could change the thread title to: "No graphical login after power outage", and see if some-one comes along to help you with that.

Your words cried out, God willing, I find the solution