PDA

View Full Version : Really burn orange window border...

Ex0suit
November 11th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this rootbeer colour for the Ubuntu window border is horrible? I think the default should be the orange, I always thought that was a nice colour to have :)

xuCGC002
November 11th, 2009, 02:49 AM
wut (http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5026/screenshotkp.png)

Tipped OuT
November 11th, 2009, 02:50 AM
I think the default should be neither. But their theme colors seem to be orange and brown, so... what can you do, you know.

He's talking about the default, not your theme. >.>

Ex0suit
November 11th, 2009, 03:07 AM

The default color scheme for Ubuntu 9.10 is the brown color, very unappealing :)

Your is nice though :)

The Funkbomb
November 11th, 2009, 03:12 AM
This is something I don't understand people complaining about. Not just the OP but there have been a few threads about Ubuntu's colors.

It's not like it's extremely difficult to change the colors yourself. It's not like XP where you have a few themes and if you want a new one, you have to scour the internet. There are thousands of combinations that come stock. There are more options right in synaptic. There are a bunch on gnomelook.

The brown/orange while not aesthetically pleasing is neutral.

Ex0suit
November 11th, 2009, 03:21 AM
This is something I don't understand people complaining about. Not just the OP but there have been a few threads about Ubuntu's colors.

It's not like it's extremely difficult to change the colors yourself. It's not like XP where you have a few themes and if you want a new one, you have to scour the internet. There are thousands of combinations that come stock. There are more options right in synaptic. There are a bunch on gnomelook.

The brown/orange while not aesthetically pleasing is neutral.

No, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying they should of kept the default choice the orange colour, the orange makes Ubuntu's interface unique, I think it should always be the default choice instead of the rootbeer colour :)

unamanic
November 11th, 2009, 03:27 AM
The brown/orange theme is part of the Ubuntu brand identity:

-Ubuntu is brown
-Fedora/Red Hat is blue
-SuSE is green
-Linux Mint is also green
-Mandiva is blue with stars (I'm so glad they started using the Capt. America star instead of the Hardee's star they used to have)

I'm sure there are more. It's just a default, if you don't like change it. If the default changed now, people would claim Ubuntu was trying to look like some other distro.

SunnyRabbiera
November 11th, 2009, 03:50 AM
For me I am not a big fan of the browns in Karmic, but on the other hand I appreciate ubuntu's need to be unique instead of using blue like all other OS's.
Blue is way overused, and even though I use a blue theme its way too common as a default.

Exodist
November 11th, 2009, 04:17 AM
The default color scheme for Ubuntu 9.10 is the brown color, very unappealing :)

I cant agree with you more. Ubuntu keeps giving theme makers a reason to keep working.. hehe

Here is a pic of mine (http://lh4.ggpht.com/_04pMYWw39X4/Sve0VkNmwAI/AAAAAAAAANY/cljU2MQiFdA/2009-11-08-235602_2680x1050_scrot.png)

You can get this theme off Gnome-Look if you like. Its Gnome Legacy.

hoppipolla
November 11th, 2009, 04:21 AM
I actually really like the theming of 9.10. However like xuCGC002 it's difficult for me to comment because my desktop looks absolutely nothing like the default anymore! I never thought it looked too bad though and I think 9.10 looks better overall than 9.04... by quite some way! :)

Redache
November 11th, 2009, 04:28 AM
It's all to do with how the Ubuntu team decided how the OS should look by default. I prefer the default look in Hardy as it's darker and is slicker than the orange colour that used to exist.

They'll never be able to please everyone so a reasonably neutral colour choice is the best option.