PDA

View Full Version : Id like to give back to the community with a project but need ideas

RJ12
November 11th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Ok so I know that we always have new Ubuntu/Linux users so I thought that maybe I could give back to the community that has helped me with my problems by making Power Point tutorials (Using Open Office :D)
but I dont know what topics to help with. So I would like to know some ideas of topics I could do. Now Im still a big begginer of Ubuntu/Linux but Im sure Im capable of some things. :p

If you could just post some ideas I can tell you which one I could do in my time that I have (Im only 13 and have school and usually homework)

I thank the community on your help but not just help, but for making a user that despises Windows to be able to use something like Ubuntu

P.S. If this is in the wrong place dont hesitate to move it mods.;)

JDShu
November 11th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Maybe you can lurk the absolute beginners forum and see what kind of recurring issues there are.

juancarlospaco
November 11th, 2009, 01:00 AM
by making Power Point tutorials

You mean ODF Presentations...?
:)

Warpnow
November 11th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I've been toying with the idea of setting up a website with support tickets, support chat, and a list of people in major cities and phone numbers who will help provide linux and hardware support. Would be a huge undertaking, though.

RJ12
November 11th, 2009, 03:04 AM
You mean ODF Presentations...?
:)

Yes I do.

Also Im working to maybe have a Ubuntu Corner on my new website (In sig.) Which these ODF Presentations can go on and also I can make helpful posts... And maybe have guest people write a review or something they found good about Ubuntu... I hope this seems like a good idea becuase I love the community and since I cant donate money or program (Im not that good at programming)I can donate my my time as a gift to the community:P

Firestem4
November 11th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Well you may find some starting points by looking through each of the major Support subforums and looking at many of the sticky threads. There is a lot of very good information available that applies to a range of systems. As a previous poster mentioned, lurk the ABT and see what pops up the most, and what the most common resolution to it is. And include that! (Maybe a section called Common Problems and their Resolutions?)

Good luck!

Jesus_Valdez
November 11th, 2009, 03:46 AM
One about the flash related problems.

And other about the Ubuntu-restricted-extras.

Jeramiah
November 11th, 2009, 04:01 AM
One about the flash related problems.

And other about the Ubuntu-restricted-extras.

Good call, those were my first two problems! :p

NFblaze
November 11th, 2009, 05:38 AM
What about Ubuntu wiki modernization or contribution.

RJ12
November 12th, 2009, 01:12 AM
What about Ubuntu wiki modernization or contribution.

Sorry I completely forgot about those can you post the link.

I figured my first one will be adding users. As some people get stuck on this subject and I think this could help.

RJ12
November 12th, 2009, 02:36 AM
The First Presentation is complete it can be found here (http://russjr08.cphoster.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=56)

What do you think

It runs slowly on my computer but Open Office tends to do that

lavinog
November 12th, 2009, 02:50 AM
nice.

There needs to be a presentation viewer that loads quicker, and doesn't require a full install of openoffice.

RJ12
November 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I have uploaded it to SlideShare right now. The current link to the slide show is here (http://www.slideshare.net/RJ12/adding-users)

I didnt want it to continue automatically and I had some effects but I guess thats the benefits of downloading it