PDA

View Full Version : my hero

fuscia
February 18th, 2006, 02:12 AM
sometime in the 80s, my dad told me about an autopsy performed on an egyptian mummy, at mass general hospital. the mummy was on loan to them, for that purpose, from the museum of fine arts in boston. the mummy had been a recent find and was of particular excitement as it had been found in a previously unknown part of some pyramid. during the autopsy, the team found an 1811 french map in the stomach of the mummy. the guy who left it there is my hero.

i have had a hard time tracking this story down from other sources and i have to consider the possibility that my dear old dad made the whole thing up. in that event, he would be my hero instead.

mstlyevil
February 18th, 2006, 02:18 AM
sometime in the 80s, my dad told me about an autopsy performed on an egyptian mummy, at mass general hospital. the mummy was on loan to them, for that purpose, from the museum of fine arts in boston. the mummy had been a recent find and was of particular excitement as it had been found in a previously unknown part of some pyramid. during the autopsy, the team found an 1811 french map in the stomach of the mummy. the guy who left it there is my hero.

i have had a hard time tracking this story down from other sources and i have to consider the possibility that my dear old dad made the whole thing up. in that event, he would be my hero instead.

You mean dear old dad may have told a tall tell? My dad is so full of them (and something else :mrgreen: ) that I just don't know what to believe when he tells a story.

YourSurrogateGod
February 18th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Sarcasm?

That's the best I could come up with, unless I'm missing something...

fuscia
February 18th, 2006, 02:56 AM
You mean dear old dad may have told a tall tell? My dad is so full of them (and something else :mrgreen: ) that I just don't know what to believe when he tells a story.

my dad is a retired history teacher. being a history teacher is being paid to wing it.

Sarcasm?

That's the best I could come up with, unless I'm missing something...

dude, wtf are you talking about?

awesome username, though. i shall call thee 'brother' (even if you're a girl).

YourSurrogateGod
February 18th, 2006, 03:55 AM
dude, wtf are you talking about?
I thought you were being sarcastic about the hero part (no disrespect intended if I'm mistaken), I didn't understand the reason why you thought that that person is a hero...

awesome username, though. i shall call thee 'brother' (even if you're a girl).
Thank you. I'm a guy.

fuscia
February 18th, 2006, 04:06 AM
I thought you were being sarcastic about the hero part (no disrespect intended if I'm mistaken), I didn't understand the reason why you thought that that person is a hero...

(resisting the temptation to emulate my hero...) in 1811, the guy who put that calendar in the mummy's stomach could have benefitted from making known his discovery, but he didn't. instead, he decided to **** with the next guy who discovered the mummy. you see? :confused:

xequence
February 18th, 2006, 04:08 AM
awesome username, though.

Im with you on this one. That username is t3h uber 1337 =O

YourSurrogateGod
February 18th, 2006, 04:10 AM
(resisting the temptation to emulate my hero...) in 1811, the guy who put that calendar in the mummy's stomach could have benefitted from making known his discovery, but he didn't. instead, he decided to **** with the next guy who discovered the mummy. you see? :confused:
Ahh... I see now. That's pretty cool.