PDA

View Full Version : Is there a market for sysadmins ?

Bragador
February 18th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Ok so I'm about to finish my bacc in psychology and I don't know what to do with my life.

I always was interested in computers and network security though and always wanted to be a sysadmin so I'm thinking about doing it.

Do you know if there is still jobs or if the market is saturated ? I know the market for coders is saturated in north america and it wasn'tlike that 5 years ago so this is why I ask.

Any input ?

endersshadow
February 18th, 2006, 02:21 AM
From what I've heard, *nix sysadmins are in big demand (and get paid significantly more than Win sysadmins). So are good programmers...especially .NET programmers...

briancurtin
February 18th, 2006, 10:19 PM
if you want to get a job as a sysadmin, a psychology degree isnt going to get you too far

Stormy Eyes
February 18th, 2006, 10:36 PM
if you want to get a job as a sysadmin, a psychology degree isnt going to get you too far

It might come in handy when dealing with management if he specialized in abnormal psychology. :)

5-HT
February 18th, 2006, 11:00 PM
It might come in handy when dealing with management if he specialized in abnormal psychology. :)
\\:D/

Sorry, wouldn't know about the job prospects for sysadmins, just found that comment to have a lot of truth to it...