PDA

View Full Version : Tata Indicom Photon+/Reliance Netconnect Broadband+

Albert Prabhu Raj
November 10th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hi, I'm Albert and I'm planning on getting a temporary internet connection. Is it possible to use "Tata Indicom Photon+/Reliance Netconnect Broadband+" USB modems with Ubuntu or any other distro?

LequidMetal
November 20th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Yes you can use both in Ubuntu . It works perfectly in Ubuntu 9.04 but in the latest 9.10 there are some issues with mobile broadbands in general .It ll be resolved when updates are released hopefully .

aiser
December 1st, 2009, 08:57 AM
;)

sureshkrshukla
March 4th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I use Tata Photon + with ubuntu 9.04 and fedora 12 at home.

Works out of box and very good experience.

Summary of configuration :
- Plug the device
- click on the right top cornet network icon.
- mobile broadband icon tab
- number is #777
- username : internet
- passwd : internet

Exactly same steps for ubuntu 9.04 and fedora 12.

The method given in their Tata manual about wvdial utility is old and doesn't work.

:)

kalasoka
March 16th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I'm using XUbuntu 9.10 and faced a lot of problems while connecting my Tata Indicom Plug2Surf modem using the NetworkManager Applet. (Although it works in Ubuntu 9.04.) However, it works perfectly with wvdial.

drpjkurian
March 22nd, 2010, 04:38 PM
I use Tata Photon + with ubuntu 9.04 and fedora 12 at home.

Works out of box and very good experience.

Summary of configuration :
- Plug the device
- click on the right top cornet network icon.
- mobile broadband icon tab
- number is #777
- username : internet
- passwd : internet

Exactly same steps for ubuntu 9.04 and fedora 12.

The method given in their Tata manual about wvdial utility is old and doesn't work.

:)

Hi
Thanks buddy, I was able to solve the issue of TATA Photon+ in my friend's machine who has completely changed to Linux recently .

ssarkarhyd
April 26th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hi Suresh,

I did the exact same thing when I went to a Reliance Netconnect outlet to get a wireless modem as you have outlined. However the username and password given was a 10-digit phone number and the password was the same. Unless the password and username are wrong I did all your steps.

How do i connect then. Please reply ASAP. I will be leaving India shortly and want to give this to my family. my wife is using Linux but not familiar with the CLI.

Thanks

Soumya Sarkar