PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu server 9.10 install x11-common error

mscheumack
November 10th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I am attempting to do a LAMP install of ubuntu 9.10 and am receiving the following error.

"libext6 depends on x11-common; however x11-common is not installed."

I have tried installing x11-common separately without success.

Please help. I am new to Ubuntu and Linux.

corydon
December 9th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I'm also seeing this exact error. It's a fresh system, not an upgrade. I'm using the 64-bit 9.10 server CD. I hadn't even selected the LAMP server installation, just the base install with no other options. Seems like a pretty big gap in the installation QA process for this release.

Has anyone been able to get past this?

Jimbob86
December 14th, 2009, 01:38 AM
anyone ever come up with this error:

Could not initiate the package information.An unresolved problem occurred when initializing the package information. Please report this bug against the 'update manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:type' "deb' is not known on line 38 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list, E: the list of sources could not be read.'
file:///G:/Screenshot.png

This appeared on my computer which has Ubuntu 9.10, and I don't know how to resolve this.

Jimbob86
December 14th, 2009, 01:55 AM
anyone ever come up with this error:

Could not initiate the package information.An unresolved problem occurred when initializing the package information. Please report this bug against the 'update manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:type' "deb' is not known on line 38 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list, E: the list of sources could not be read.'
file:///G:/Screenshot.png

This appeared on my computer which has Ubuntu 9.10, and I don't know how to resolve this.