PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Login window theme

Nevon
November 9th, 2009, 03:48 PM
When my girlfriend clicked on the Accessability icon and ticked and unticked the "improve contrast" box, the login window theme changed from whatever it used to be (the default) to the Clearlook theme. Now even if we manually change it to Dust or something else, everything still looks like clearlooks - which is not all that pretty.

Where would I file a bug report about this, and do you have any ideas on how to restore it?

rudy.elgato
November 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Yea, that "improve contrast" selection isn't too useful, at least not yet...

To restore mine to the original darker color, I ran what's listed in posting #8 in http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1300171. If this is what you're after, maybe it will work for you as well.

Believe the darker default color, or the lighter color you get when you select "improve contrast" are the only choices available for that login panel...

Perturbed Penguin
December 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Hey thanks for the link... I guess we are just too curious - we can't help but try out useless check boxes in the accessibility window on startup! I am always screwing stuff up by doing dumb stuff like this. lol Thanks a bunch!!