PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. stray.

dragos240
November 9th, 2009, 02:35 AM
It looks like the stray that we've seen for months has...... passed. He's usually here for dinner, but not tonight, it's just utter silence. We fed him breakfast. He may have been hit by a car. Unless we see him soon, we're assuming the worst.

Rest in peace stray :(.

:-({|=

Tipped OuT
November 9th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Stray as in stray cat? What the...

Oh well. R.I.P.

dragos240
November 9th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Stray as in stray cat? What the...

Oh well. R.I.P.

Yep. Stray cat. He was (is I hope) so friendly. I loved him. We all did.

wulfgang
November 9th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Cats always come back. However, a neighbor's dog killed my cat. :(

MasterNetra
November 9th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Maybe Animal Control got him?

Giant Speck
November 9th, 2009, 02:42 AM
You probably didn't love it enough. Oh well.

lisati
November 9th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Animals always come back.

The strays we used to feed usually did. We've even had one bring a dead kitten to look after. I think one of the local tom cats might have attacked it, but by the time the mother cat decided to set up shop in one of our cupboards, it was too late to do anything for it. Quite sad, I was at the computer at the time and noticed she was up to something and thought I spotted a kitten in her mouth, but didn't check immediately.

dragos240
November 9th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Maybe Animal Control got him?

Unlikely.

RiceMonster
November 9th, 2009, 02:49 AM
You probably didn't love it enough. Oh well.

lawl

Dimitriid
November 9th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Strays don't live long, too many speeding maniacs. Best you can do if you find a stray is get him to get its shots and take him into your house.

-grubby
November 9th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Sad, but I doubt he's dead - he's not been gone very long.

hoppipolla
November 9th, 2009, 03:08 AM
aww I'm sorry to hear that man ._.

Well done for taking care of it though :)

Tipped OuT
November 9th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Strays don't live long, too many speeding maniacs. Best you can do if you find a stray is get him to get its shots and take him into your house.

Yes, let's all pick up random stray cats off of the streets and waste our money on getting them shots and having them live in our house.

hoppipolla
November 9th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Yes, let's all pick up random stray cats off of the streets and waste our money on getting them shots and having them live in our house.

I actually think it's quite a sweet idea, if you are in a position to do it :)

pwnst*r
November 9th, 2009, 05:42 AM
dogs before cats.

Firestem4
November 9th, 2009, 05:43 AM

My old dog, Lizzy (lizzie?)was sort of a stray. My dad almost ran into her while driving through New Mexico before I was born. She was a pup and some people were throwing them (unfortunately it was more than 1 puppy) out of their car in traffic. My dad took the dog and I remembered growing up with her.

lisati
November 9th, 2009, 05:46 AM

We've taken in strays before, three of which produced kittens. Had to give this up when we moved to a place where we weren't allowed pets, but that didn't stop one of the local strays trying to adopt us and sneak in. Although there are one or two friendly stray cats in our area now that we've moved to a place where cats are ok, we're not in a position to look after them properly.

dragos240
November 9th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Yay!!! I found out that someone took him to the pound. Now he'll get shots to make him healthy. From there he'll be adopted. We're visiting him on Wednesday.

Irihapeti
November 9th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Nice ending!

dragos240
November 9th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Indeed.

Skripka
November 9th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Cats before dogs.

Fixed, you might say.

GeneralZod
November 9th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Mark thread as [SOLVED] :)

PryGuy
November 9th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Well, my cat was away for about a month. I didn't expect to see him again. But he returned! Being a cat lover I can feel your pain!

dragos240
November 9th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Well my pain is over. Can't wait 'till Wednesday. We'll be visiting him.

PryGuy
November 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Sorry? Did you find him?

AlphaLexman
November 9th, 2009, 09:41 PM
We have strays in our backyard too (feral cats actually) A female gave birth to four kittens, three survived, she nursedfor three months, then weened them and we didn't see her for almost three months. Feared the worst of course, the one day she just started showing back up. I don't see her EVERY day but at least every other day.

It's amazing how strong some of them can be.

dragos240
November 9th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Sorry? Did you find him?

We called the pound. I posted this on page 2.

PryGuy
November 9th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Congratulations! Sorry I didn't notice your post. Glad you've found him! :)

chucky chuckaluck
November 9th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Yay!!! I found out that someone took him to the pound. Now he'll get shots to make him healthy. From there he'll be adopted. We're visiting him on Wednesday.

this is a 'no kill' pound?

dragos240
November 9th, 2009, 09:59 PM
this is a 'no kill' pound?

Perhaps. We didn't take him there. It doesn't have a website. Or even a webpage. We'll need to call them.

pwnst*r
November 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Fixed, you might say.

wrong i might say.

Skripka
November 9th, 2009, 10:06 PM
wrong i might say.

I thought I'd at least get an "lol" at the pun I snuck in there....

Cuddles McKitten
November 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
They put the little guy in the kitty hoosegow? You should bail him out so he can live free once again.

pwnst*r
November 9th, 2009, 11:40 PM
I thought I'd at least get an "lol" at the pun I snuck in there....

i smirked!! hehe

JDShu
November 10th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I like happy endings :D

mudguts
November 10th, 2009, 12:31 AM
I was going to suggest that perhaps your neighbours offered better food... but I see that things worked out.

Awesomesauce!

dragos240
November 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I was going to suggest that perhaps your neighbours offered better food... but I see that things worked out.

Awesomesauce!

Good idea! Put awesomesause on the food. :p

chucky chuckaluck
November 10th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Perhaps. We didn't take him there. It doesn't have a website. Or even a webpage. We'll need to call them.

you definitely will have to. depending on how many other cats, or especially kittens, they have, it could all be over soon. don't wait on it.

dragos240
November 11th, 2009, 10:46 PM
you definitely will have to. depending on how many other cats, or especially kittens, they have, it could all be over soon. don't wait on it.

We're adopting him anyways. It doesn't matter.