PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome Do and maximizing...

Vanillalite
November 9th, 2009, 02:34 AM
So I downloaded Gnome Do in 9.10, and have my dock all setup. Now it's the first time I'm trying Gnome Do and I like the dock itself. What I don't like is say when I'm running Firefox and I maximize it only fills up till it hits the dock. Then I just have all this weird real estate wasted space at the bottom of my screen on both sides of the the dock.

Anyway I can get programs to maximize over it if I really wanted them to? If not makes me wonder why I even need the dock, and if I'd just be better served adding my favorite programs to the top panel in gnome.

stinkeye
November 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
So I downloaded Gnome Do in 9.10, and have my dock all setup. Now it's the first time I'm trying Gnome Do and I like the dock itself. What I don't like is say when I'm running Firefox and I maximize it only fills up till it hits the dock. Then I just have all this weird real estate wasted space at the bottom of my screen on both sides of the the dock.

Anyway I can get programs to maximize over it if I really wanted them to? If not makes me wonder why I even need the dock, and if I'd just be better served adding my favorite programs to the top panel in gnome.
I gnome-do preferences > appearance change hiding to intellihide