PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] possible bug during installation, wirth to report?

TheBigW
November 9th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Hello,

preface: installation of Ubuntu usually works without problems in all recent versions I installed. I usually install from the booted live CD. I choose this possibility, because it gives me the possibility to test, if my hardware is supported. After that I installed.

problem: I installed 9.10 karmic on my wifes notebook from the booted live CD. Previously she already played with the restricted nvidia driver. I installed from that point. Installation worked great until the first restart: gnome did not come up and I was dumped to flickering console logon. After restart and going to console mode I figured out that the restricted nvidia driver was not installed, but it seems that the configuration was using it (which I guess is the reason for the behaviour). I reinstalled again and everything was fine.

So my question is: are the settings from the live CD used for the installation? Actually it would be a nice feature, but. e.g. wirless settings are not remembered (actually the reason, why I rather reinstalled than fixing from command line :) )

I guess its a minor issue, but do you think, that its worth to enter it to launchpad and where. Is there a misc sections for users who find stuff which is not related to packages?

Thanks,

Tobias

wojox
November 9th, 2009, 12:52 AM
I think it's been reported. 185.xx? Google around your sure to find something.